Buyers Tourettes

UltraWomble

One of the dentists I work with suggested that I have Buyers Tourettes given that I am currently trawling eBay / Gumtree / Preloved and various forums for a cheap moped to do the coast to coast run on.

I suppose I might have, given i have bought 4 PTW's in the last 5 months, and now want another.

If anyone knows of a cheapish moped ( cosmetically can be an utter hound, but needs to run OK) please support me and point me in the direction of it.... Its a recognised medical affliction ( well the dentist thinks it is and thats good enough for me).

I tried to buy a moped for Shitfest but they are lots of money, I give up and bought a broken one so I can at least dream about:

When I get me moped out on the road

I'm gonna ride, ride, ride!

I'm gonna ride, ride, ride!

Ain't nobody gonna tell me where to go. No!

I'm gonna ride, ride, ride, ride, ride!

Are you looking for a project, something to get your teeth into?

Cosmetics and bodywork yes

Engine no

Because despite most mopeds being simpler than Paul Merton with concussion i am much simpler and would be left with a pile of burning moped

Sent from my SM-C105S using Tapatalk

"Buyer's Tourettes"?

Does this mean you swear when buying cars or bikes?

Or did he mean buyer's regret?

I think it's that moment when your email bings at you with

"Congratulations........you are the winning bidder/ Best offer has been accepted....."

Step this way I am collecting some prime French peds next week. All Motoconforts from the 50's. I am told they all turn over and fingers crossed will go without too much trouble. I have a buyer interested in the blue one. I am after a couple of hundred each if they are any good but open to offers.

post-5515-0-03785700-1465584291_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-16118200-1465584315_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-88182200-1465584334_thumb.jpg

This looks bonkers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-50-moped-/182166104425?hash=item2a69f22969:g:N8EAAOSwnFZXWsHF

$_57.JPG

Started out life as a Honda Vision Met In.

Panhard, that bike looks interesting, but as I say its the "running" bit that worries me. The rest of it isnt too much of an issue as it would either get stripped & painted yellow, or lime green - I still cant make my mind up yet what I fancy. Possibly the green....

• 4 weeks later...

There is no such thing as a daylight mot, all a bike needs is a numberplate with a reflector stuck to it and a horn (which must emit a continuous tone), a brake light is also advisable (for safety if anything but it's not compulsory), if lights are fitted they must work.

I have mot'd a couple of track bikes and lack of lights is just an advisory.