La Petite Voiture Orange 2/7 - à vendre

JohnDeere

It's collection day.  Setting out later to pick up a very exciting purchase from a fellow forum member.  It's going to be a slightly dull collection thread as I'm taking the Disco+trailer ... not because the car isn't roadworthy - far from it - but because it's the only way I can get to the other side of the country and back in time.

Nearly hampered by a FTP first thing when the (notoriously crap) removable tow bar on the Disco decided to break its lock and not go into its slot. Fixed with the help of wiggling, gentle persuasion and BFO hammer.

Pic of collection rig to follow when I'm hitched up and ready to roll...

And back. Interestingly I got better mpgs with the Visa on the trailer than going down empty. Must be the momentum.

Unloaded from the trailer...

post-5450-0-36531800-1465419817_thumb.jpeg

I think they like each other, though probably a bit of a language barrier. The Prelude can talk about build quality, Lean and Six Sigma. The Visa will tut and say "zat is nozzing if you do not av ze soul, ze romance, ze je ne sais quoi."

Meanwhile the Land Rover, which can only hold a conversation with a laptop via an OBD2 port is maintaining a stiff upper lip and sulking in the corner (with apologies for excessive modernz pics in the post).

post-5450-0-69534800-1465419918_thumb.jpeg

Brilliant. Top driveway.

Contents are great - but the actual driveway is definitely not top... gravel is bloody awful for working on cars, makes a trolley jack and axle stands near impossible, and makes my knees sore. I want to lay a slab of concrete...

I had time for a very quick drive last night after getting home - and loved the return to twin-cylinder Citroen driving. Longer drive planned for after work this evening :-)   It's got a lot of similarities to my old 2CV (last driven 25 years ago) - but with luxury.  The PRN controls are also great. I still can't get over how great the interior is.

I am hoping that I'll be bringing it to Shitefest as a day visitor on the Saturday.

Barrett gave me a good pile of history which was great - but also revealed the tyres are on the extremely elderly side. That, and the MOT due in less than a month means there are a few jobs to be getting on with (HBOL ordered)...

-- Fix windscreen washer (when Barrett was showing me the car, he pointed out the rear wash wipe - which has its own reservoir but with no nozzle currently connected. I'm hoping I can simply swap over the pumps. I can hear a relay clicking when I press the front was button, so I know that the electrics are working at least as far as there.

-- Get 5 new tyres (yep, I'll even treat it to a new spare).  Barrett and I both agreed that Citroens need Michelins. Unfortunately the original 135SR13s are not available in the Michelin classic range (only 15"s) so it'll have to be a new set of 135/180R13s which are the nearest fit. Unfortunately these are also not available as Michelins, so it'll be another mid-range brand, probably Firestone.

-- Investigate non-working fuel gauge

-- Service - I'd certainly like to change the brake fluid before too much longer. And the coolant probably needs doing by now too (joke).

-- Then I'll get my local garage to give it a pre-MOT going over with the jobs that need ramps - my target is a clean MOT with no advisories - wish me luck...