Autoshite Track Events

The Moog

No insurance really. I think you can get track day insurance but normally is £££.

You are likely to be the slower car so as long as you drive in a pretty obvious manner you do ok.

Only one mega prick last time who cut us up every possible time. Everyone else seemed pretty happy, especially if you get out their way asap.

The first corner after the straight is always interesting as everyone wants to get in front, but never really had an issue.

trackday insurance covers your own car, so if some nutter bashes into you, you don't lose out (other than a fairly high excess). If you bash into another car and he hasn't got trackday insurance, it's basically tough titty for him.

I've been doing trackdays for ten years or so and only had track cover a couple of times when it was included on my normal policy. If I had a fancy car worth loads, I probably would but the mazdas are cheap and easy to fix if I have a prang.

Make sure that you tell the marshalls if someone is driving like a dick, they will have a chat and give him a warning, if their conduct doesn't improve, they will get kicked out. It only takes one arsehole to spoil it for everyone else.

Me being there is now a 'Maybe', due to the fact that I'll be in Birmingham that weekend for the NEC Classic car show. Been going for a few years that it's became a bit of a pilgrimage for me now...

Pending the time on the way back up from Preston (staying Friday & Saturday there, nice distance from the show and from Home) will hopefully pop by on the way back to Aberdeen! :)

• 3 weeks later...

As Mr Coffees said, the timing of this is unfortunate, as we'll both be in Birmingham.

I'll make it known now, though, that I intend to take either the BMW 316 or the Honda Civic Aerodeck (not forgotten about that one, oh no!) to the first trackday of 2017.

Might even bring the Xantia if I'm really stuck, but I imagine it would be utterly shit on track... so kind of perfect for an AS invasion!

Short answer-Book a place, bring it along. Don't crash.

We can ask to be put in the same group. Last time there were about 10 - 15 cars in a group. I think we might have 5 AS cars which would be ace.

Our group last time had ridiculously quick cars and us, as long as you are aware and get out of their way theycare normally pretty good.

It starts at 10am and finishes at four. You get a session number and that is who you go out with. Last time I think we got 5 lots of track time. Normally about 10-15mins each time

You have to have a helmet but try can be hired for £1 a time

You can have up to three drivers per car which can reduce the cost.

Aside from that, check your car is in decent nick (brakes, tyres, etc) ensure that you have enough fuel.

I can't recommend it enough. It was a proper hoot last time.