Volvo C70. SOLD (Save(d) me from Gumtree)

sporty-shite

After selling the pasta blaster at weekend, the plan was to.get some new chod for Mrs S. We went off to buy a 318th, which went well. Until I realised that you can't tax a car without a V5. And it has no V5.

So now we're down to one usable car between the two of us. What would any self respecting shiter do in this situation? Of course. Buy something else.

I'd seen this on Facebook over the weekend, and I quite liked it, so messages were exchanged, calls were made and a deal was done. Another five pot blaster.

First impressions are that it's a bit floaty, although this could be because I've been used to the Leon and the 156. It's super comfortable, with soft leather seats, and has loads of toys. The only niggle is that the radio just displays the word "off" on the display when it's switched on. I'm presuming it's locked out of its code. Otherwise, I'm quite chuffed.

Wonder how long it'll last.......

20160606_213548.jpg

Guest Hooli

I had a T5 auto, seriously quick in a striaght line and supremely comfortable. Has the turning circle of the QE2 though.

Sounds right from driving them as new.

Anything below T5 was soft & wallowy too. We had a 2.0 140bhp in stock for ages, only did 121mph & handled like a boat with comedy understeer. Was nice to sit in though.

Has the turning circle of the QE2 though.

handled like a boat with comedy understeer. Was nice to sit in though.

So it's not just this one, then? I think it feels more "boaty" because I'm used to the Alfa and Leon, Doesn't seem particularly fast, either. Ah well, looks bloody nice, so there!

Guest Hooli

So it's not just this one, then? I think it feels more "boaty" because I'm used to the Alfa and Leon, Doesn't seem particularly fast, either. Ah well, looks bloody nice, so there!

I used to prefer the V70 estates TBH. The extra weight at the rear really helped abusing them into bends, touch of brake on the turn in & you could drift them to the apex even in the dry. Got told to rush back by my manager once as he was late for something, I had NEVER seen him stop talking as quick when I turned into the sliproad off Shoreham flyover at 80+ & wiggled the back out. Nice balance of throttle & brakes kept it out all the way down...

He never asked me to rush again :D

Cavcraft's comment has a Volvo fanboys quivering with barely suppressed rage.

Look...he's literally laughing in sheer terror...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm not even that keen on C70s, I usually can't see the point in a Volvo unless I can convert it to a double bed for Shitefest purposes.

Ok, does anybody want this for £550? I've seen something on the bay which is a bit more "my sort of thing". It ends on Monday, and if it stays sensible, I'd like to buy it. However, Sporty_Towers has a strict one-out-one-in policy at the moment. 

MOT to May 2017, 106000 miles, full leather, 5 speed manual 2.0 lpt 20v. 

Ok. The target chod is looking achievable, and I'm really not bonding with this car, so it's formally up for sale. It needs the wheels balancing and probably tracking. I'll give it a wash tomorrow and post some proper pictures up.

As ever, can collect from station etc. Target chod is in North Wales, so could arrange delivery around that area, too.