NU SHITE. Rover 418GSD NOW FOR SALE!!

Lankytim

@@@@@NOW FOR SALE!!@@@@@

Hi gang,

Recently picked this up from a fellow shiter and full time banger racer, Dave862. He'd collected it for scrap but thought it looked far too good to bin off and knowing I'm a bit of a Rover PERV he punted it onto me. 

IMG_20160530_131103_zpspt6w3b5a.jpg

IMG_20160603_185832_zpsmajpbd1c.jpg

IMG_20160603_185819_zpsqiyj3yqg.jpg

It had been parked up for 8 years or so but fired straight up with a fresh battery and runs great. Even the brakes work fine. Body wise the only real grot is on the NSR arch which is patchable but could do with replacing, the opposite arch has surface rust.

The bootlid was suffereing from lacquer peel so was replaced with a better panel from ebay, ditto the OSR door, which had a few ripples. Sills and floors look miltola but the front wings and bonnet have a few scabs but nothing too drastic.

IMG_20160603_185851_zps3n9bcxxk.jpg

IMG_20160603_185916_zpsocyyv8ou.jpg

IMG_20160603_185803_zps7d94whbk.jpg

IMG_20160603_185756_zpsyacyuf7b.jpg

Engine bay is full of spiders and leaves.

IMG_20160603_184649_zpshkpepivc.jpg

IMG_20160603_181943_zpsqous45hq.jpg

IMG_20160603_184015_zpscxcsvqcu.jpg

Friday afternoon car?

IMG_20160603_172536_zpswsuta05c.jpg

According to the service history the first two services were carried out by the Longbridge factory, so maybe it was owned by a manager or something, after that it was sold by a Rover dealer in Windermere where it spent the rest of it's life until Dave got hold of it.

Tyres are all perished and need replacing, with new hoops and wipers it could well be ready for it's MOT!

Birmingham reg so could be factory registered, press fleet or something.

Looks well smart, that leather looks immaculate. Where did GSD sit in the range? Doesn't look sporty enough to be a diesel GSI but mist be quite high with digital windows and cowskin.

Maybe a diesel with a bodykit was giving someone at Rover sleepless nights, I mean "that" person just doesn't exist, right? Thrifty enough for a diesel, yet daring enough for a spoiler or two. It would be a marketing catastrophe. 

Twenty years later, millions of S-Line Audi A4 TDIs would prove them wrong. 

• 5 weeks later...

HEY EVERYONE!

Progress has been slow on this due to work and family and other boring things so i'm going to try and punt it on. 

Runs and drives great, scabs on bonnet and front wings, one rear arch has scabs, the other has a hole that needs fixing (but not bad tbh) 

One rear door was dinted and the boot had bad lacquer peel, so both have been replaced.

For MOT it needs 4x tyres as they're all cracked and the wipers putting on properly (I put a pair on from a scrapper but the plastic fixings were wrong) It also needs a radiator as this one is leaking when it gets hot.

Owes me £200 but I'll take £150. Stoke on Trent.

I have always liked these, from when they were new. They are handsome with very clean lines and time has been kind to them. This one is lovely inside too.

The inside of this one is absolutely lush!

Guest Hooli

I had a lower spec one of these once. Had a damned cracked head so never moved from where I purchased it. I fitted a head gasket, it still blew it's water out & I walked out of the job leaving it in the car park. Never got put in my name so wasn't an issue.

I thought this would of sold straight away on here!

I have way too many cars and not enough time so naturally I have just bought this.

I`m not a massive Rover fan usually but I see this as Honda with a Peugeot engine but in an English suit and I rather like it

Besides it will go nicely with this which is also a low mileage diesel that I sold to a friend and recently painted.....post-19511-0-71442500-1468053925_thumb.jpg