New Top Gear

UmBongo

I thought it was a decent start- go back and watch some of the very earliest " new" tg to see how Jc and crew took a while to get into their stride. I'm looking forward to see how it develops but at 6 episodes per series I recon they'll hit theirs someway through series 2.

I thought it was a decent start- go back and watch some of the very earliest " new" tg to see how Jc and crew took a while to get into their stride. I'm looking forward to see how it develops but at 6 episodes per series I recon they'll hit theirs someway through series 2.

I agree the first series of the new format you know with that other bloke before May was pretty poor, once ginge gets his own take on things and the yank gets comfortable it will be ok.

Will watch again.

I can see the other three going well,over the top with their Amazon efforts...looking forward to it!

Compo, Clegg & Foggy occasionally could do some decent, serious pieces about cars, somehow I don't think the ginger ego on legs will be able to pull something like that off, he just doesn't have the knowledge or frankly the talent

'Twas OK. MLB did a decent job, Evans wasn't quite as annoying as I expected but quite frankly Gordon Ramsey can take his smug mug and fuck right off, and whilst Jesse Eisenberg is probably an alright sort, you would have thought someone would have mentioned it was a car show and having some interest in cars would have been an advantage. I have never been so bored....

"So you have been in a Porsche, did it look like this?"

"Erm.....I don't think it was that one"

Would very much like to see the end of the "Star in a Reasonably priced car" section now. They ain't stars, and they ain't reasonably priced. I would find an diabetes test more interesting to watch and the leaderboard can be the non entity with the lowest blood sugar level or something

If Chris Harris, Rory Reid and MLB formed a team to put together a Top Gear with a different style altogether, one which they worked out rather than having BBC managers telling them what works, it could be good telly. I don't think Evans gets what journalism is, he describes himself as a presenter.

It's probably regarded as deeply uncool to be negative in this world of narcissists, where smug, glib political correctness dictates nobody ever criticises anything other than those who dare tread a bit close to the truth, but I thought last night's show was toe-curlingly bad, helped only by some typically brilliant TG camerawork and some driving of a few interesting motors. It was a perfect example of why stealing someone's else's work or ideas rarely comes off.

It simply reminded me there must have been some talent in the last lot to carry off such daft ideas. Clarkson somehow epitomised the 21st century car - out of its time, too big, too polluting, deeply irritating, a parody of what once was. Evans was just annoying, I'm not sure he said anything of any worth - he's even posted on his twitter what a huge success the show was. 

It isn't Star in a Reasonably Priced Car! It's Star in a Rally Cross car. I must concede, the car itself sounds awesome. Three-pot engines for the win. I liked the rallycross element too. Especially as they seem to have disabled the ABS. 

But, I've just watched the spin-off Extra Gear, and found it a lot more enjoyable. Still a few nerves about, but it feels like it might develop into a more interesting show.

Actually Matt LeBlanc was the presenter I disliked the least. I don't mind Evans at all, and actively enjoy TGIF, but his constant shouting in this was at a specific audio frequency that makes my skull rattle.

I've just watched it, and was actually relieved when Springwatch came on afterwards. I'm really enjoying it. Chris Packham would be a great (and pretty ironic)TG presenter.

Same old same old as far as I saw. No innovations were apparent. Old top gear had long lost its mojo, and this new revision was an excellent opportunity for rejuvenation. But they seem to have just started a new series with the same scripts and new presenters doing impersonations.

Perhaps it was tongue in cheek, but Chris Evans was just being Jeremy Clarkson.

I wasn't a fan of the actual top gear show, I agree with everyone about Chris Evans shouting! The only best bit for me was when they came down the cut of the m40 and past the junction I get off at. Shame there wasn't a crosswind, I grt blown across lanes on a bad day, they would have died!

Extra gear was slightly better, Chris Harris's review bit was very good I thought

I then turned that off as we weren't really watching it...

Ill watch it next week, sod it its a car show, so I'll give it a crack. I'm waiting for The Grand Tour though, then either amazon prime trial or torrents...

Thought it was pretty dreadful, the 'extra gear' program was actually better. Waiting to see if Chris Harris could make it 23 minutes without mentioning the Porsche 911

Chris Evans was awful and there is no 'chemistry' between the presenters, but maybe that will come.

Will probably watch again, but I'm not exactly waiting impatiently for the next episode

Was bad, but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Matt le Blanc was actually quite likeable, although I doubt he has much interest in cars. Chris Evans was pretty annoying, too much shouting and too much trying to copy Clarkson as has been said. The Reliant segment was just really pointless as nothing happened.

Won't be watching any of the others, not because it was that bad, but because it was not different enough from old TG, which I stopped watching because I got fed up of the three stooges ruining classic cars. 

Agree with most that it wasn't terrible, I would gladly stab Chris Evans so his shit Clarkson impressions throughout grated.

Hadn't considered that it may be deliberate/a pisstake, even if so just stop it.

The car film bits were good enough to make me watch again.

Lets face it, there has been so much worldwide frothing about the departure of Clarkson et al, that even if this episode actually had Clarkson in it drifting through Brussels in a R75 V8 whilst singing the UKIP calypso through a loudspeaker, it wouldn't have been good enough.