BX Bits :-(

KruJoe

Yeah, he's not after sympathy, plainly admits he was being a knobhead. On plastic ditchfinders. But mainly because knobhead.

He came across a fairly robust Volvo off-roader thing that ended up with nowt worse than a cracked number plate FFS.

Who ever has the blue BX bike now has loads of headlamps.

Yep, I have headlamps, although those look like the least of his problems right now. Joe - just tell Will to PM me when he wants some, although we might not entrust them to Parcelforce after last time :mad:

Glad he's OK, shame about the car but er'll mend. 

There's a blue estate in a scrappers in Macc - not too far and might yield the bits he needs? Poss organise a joint mission as I wouldn't mind a few bits off it myself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272253134742?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Crash safety never was a strong point on the BX, most of the front end is literally made of plastic.  Shame to see such a good example punched in the face like that.  Will needs to cut down on his coffee and energy drinks, maybe take up pot or something to slow him down a bit.

S--t. Glad nobody is hurt. At first glance the car doesn't look too bad, although dunno the extent of the damage behind the visible stuff.

I'd suspect that if the impact was more 'offset' the possibility of repair would be lower, but then the outcome might well have been worse anyway - just thankful it wasn't. 

Oh, bugger, that doesn't look that good.  I'm glad you're ok, you sounded quite crestfallen on the phone last night.  Fingers crossed you get it sorted, if anyone has parts in the southwest or Cardiff area, if you can get them to me in Bristol during the week after next I can Shitely them up at the following weekend.

Glad no injuries other than pride. Which always hurts, of course. 

I know that frontal strength on these (and xantia alike) is notoriously low. This looks like nothing more than replaceable panel work and with any luck will be the case for you!?

If nothing (at the front of the car) moved in a crash, it'd be your internals which did.