My Xantia HDi - Minor Electrical Question!

Supernaut

Stupid wobbly plastic pile of shit can stay off for now.

I whacked it up to high and crawled under to have a look, and the two bolts holding up the trailing edge of the undertray were still in the subframe. Quite securely too. I've no idea how the undertray came off these, because the holes are not big enough for it to have slipped over the bolt heads.

I tried to refit it, but when I put the bolts back into the same two holes in the subframe for the trailing edge, they were suddenly loose in the holes and the undertray would drop off at the slightest movement. Maybe next time I have it up on ramps I can have a proper look.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I want rid of this to make room for me to be able to buy a hot hatch, or something else fruity (maybe along the lines of a BMW 323-328 / anything in between).

The basics:

- Citroen Xantia 2.0HDi SX, 90hp model but has a stage 1 120hp remap. This can be reverted to standard on winner's request if need be.

- 82k on the clocks

- Cosmetically a little bit rough but mechanically rock solid

- MOT until April (but to quote many an ebay seller it should fly through another)

- Serviced in May 2016 with oil and filters and only done about 5-6k tops since then.

- 4x Kumho Ecowings fitted in May 2016 along with an alignment. Again, only covered 5-6k miles.

- Recently put LHM flush in it, and it will come with enough fresh LHM to put in once the flush has done its thing

- SX spec means front fogs, air con and all-round electric windows. All of which work!

Photos available throughout this thread.

£5 per ticket. I'm making a huge loss on it at this price, but hey. Life is too short to drive boring cars. As nice as this car is, it just doesn't excite me. It's very comfortable, frugal, and competent at floating long-distances with ease. It just doesn't have much "zing" to it, if that makes sense. If I had the space, I'd keep it. However, I could be waiting long enough for my circumstances to change, so I may as well have fun while I'm in a position to do so. The next car will definitely be a hot hatch or a 6-cylinder 3er.

5. Tayne

13. Tickman

17. 17-Coffees

24. Tickman

25. aldo135

30. aldo135

37. Tayne

44. Tickman

50. Lacquer Peel

58. dave21478

59. dave21478

Supernaut collected an Omega from me before; that's 490 miles. He spent the first three hours going north. From Aberdeen.

Apparently you can do that without running out off planet.

Who knew.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I still have that plane ticket from Inverness to Birmingham hanging on my wall.

1. FOAD

3. Richard

5. Tayne

7. fatharris

10. drum

13. Tickman

17. 17-Coffees

24. Tickman

25. aldo135

30. aldo135

34. drum

37. Tayne

41. fatharris

44. Tickman

50. Lacquer Peel

54. Richard

58. dave21478

59. dave21478

• 2 weeks later...

In a push towards trying to shift this, so I have space to plonk something along the lines of an E39 5er in front of my house, I'm going to look into getting an early MOT on this in the very near future, so it'll sell more easily* due to having a year of MOT. It's currently due to run out in April, but I'd rather sell it before then, and I know I wouldn't be interested in a car with 2 months' MOT...

I'll update this thread when it's done.

BUY MORE TICKETS PLZ.

• 2 weeks later...

As per the title.

For quarter of the price of the Range Rover roffle, you can get a car with more MOT and less warning lights illuminated!

More details:

- 12 months MOT

- 82k miles

- 4x Kumho Ecowing tyres that have done about 5-6k miles

- All round electric windows and air conditioning, all working

- Currently running LHM flush fluid, but will come with 4L of fresh LHM to swap out at your leisure

- Comfy velour seats

- Doom blue

It doesn't seem the raffle is happening...

Does anybody want to make me a derisory offer on this? I don't need the money from the sale, per se. I have enough saved up already for my next purchase, but I need rid of the tax / insurance responsibilities for this car, and the parking space would be nice to have too.

Anybody? C'mon. It's a Xantia HDi with a year's MOT. Not going to set the road on fire but it's a nice place to sit and eat up miles.