My Xantia HDi - Minor Electrical Question!

Supernaut

Ah well! It's a nice enough motor to be fair mate. Are you just wanting a change?

Nail on the head there. I can't really fault it as a car, but I just fancy something quicker.

Would the tow bar from my xantia fit it?

Dunno. I never really mess about with tow bars. I imagine hatchback and estate ones are different though. Possibly?

The interior fan on this car seems to have a mind of its own with regards to speed.

On anything other than full speed, it varies up and down randomly, then when I press the brake pedal (illuminating the brake lights) it speeds up and stays at that speed until I release the brake pedal again.

These symptoms point to a bad earth. My question is: where are the typical earthing points on a Xantia?

Also, said interior fan is squeaking just a tiny tiny bit, so what sort of lubricant would one use on it?

Mine does this, but mine is resistor related, not noticed it doing it with the brake pedal.

Its sensor fan makes a racket occasionally too, it goes away after a while. Mine is stuck on auto though after I broke the speed adjustment knob... I haven't fitted the fan speed resistor I bought a few months ago, want me to post it up and see if it helps? No idea if it works as its a cheap ebay one, many people on the French car forum say their shite and don't work, I've not found that out yet as mine stopped being naughty (fans on full pelt with ignition on was my symptom...)