What day is it? Trade it Tuesday! C U L8R Honda, hello Pat.

Cavcraft

I got to drive a lot of these when they were still a new car and i must say i was always happy to get behind the wheel, they just do what you want a car to do whilst feeling moderately sporting for a car of it's size and CC. I'd certainly buy one.

Right, there's certainly some sort of rumble evident from the rear end. Last owner said a garage checked it out and said wheel bearings were fine, a half arsed rocking of the car seems to confirm this. It could be the tyres (which the garage allegedly suggested), it could be something more. Drives fab though, goes great and hasn't used much of the free petrol that was in it. 

MOT 5th February 2017 

Currently taxed to get you home

100k on the clock, I think it's had new rear calipers

Half leather seats, very tidy looking car to be fair.

£350.

Obvs. any inspection welcomed. I'm in Chester.

No evidence (of it being done) I'm aware of, my neighbour reckons wheel bearing or tyres. I think these are 4x100 in which case I'll see if I can dig out some Astra steels I have and try them. 

Right, swapped the two rear wheels/tyres with some Astea ones this afters. With the rear seats down and the parcel shelf off, I reckon I could hear a noise though didn't seen as bad as before.

So... I put the Honda wheels/tyres back on, put the rear seats back up and parcel shelf back on and went for a very quick blast. Verdict: couldn't hear anything that sounded untoward, got it (very briefly) to 60mph and sounded ok.

I'll cop out a bit and say there must be a problem still as would t want anyone thinking it was perfect or whatever. The n/s/r caliper is clearly new, the offside isn't.

Cleaned up ace, few scuffs as you'd expect but actualky a tidy car, nasty big fag burn on passenger seat though.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Now £299

I had one of these for 5 years, did 70k in it and didn't skip a beat, 48+ MPG on a run was surprisingly easy too.  Â£450 for some damn fine motoring, even got two double beds in there once with two passengers, and a three seater sofa! (The sofa was on a separate journey funnily enough)

With the D15 engine, it was a 16 valve engine.  When it went into economy mode, it essentially makes the engine run as a 12 valve (1 inlet, 2 exhaust).  It was surprisingly fun stirring it up.

The gearbox syncro used to sound rough on mine, so when it was winding up in 2nd gear it used to sound impressive, Group B rally car impressive.

If this turns into a roffle, I will buy a lot of tickets. 

Yep, £299.

Still 1/4 of a tank of juice in it too, though that's likely to decrease because I'm a mingebag and I need to go to Costco to get fuel for the 405.

Good banger racing food these

Incidentally the floorpan in my Rover 45 (which presumably is identical to this) seems the same as an R8, its certainly got the same rear suspension anyway. Mind those strut towers in the engine bay look a lot different to mine.

If you've got an ounce of humour in your body, Babs will be pictured in this wearing a black and white cat costume before the day is out.

I think these were 1.3CDTI, the Fiat engine. Round here they've moved to Doblos, I wonder if it's because they stockpiled EGR vales and DPFs and they can just keep working on the same old faults on the same old engines, just with a nicer* shell around it.