Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

Well, that was quick. A couple of guys came tonight, poked and prodded a bit then made an offer which made me happy.

She's gone. I'm almost sad  :-(

Getting the new alloys on it with decent tyres meant I could push it a bit last night. I'll say this now-when pushing it hard it's as good as a Clio 1*2  90% of the rest of the time a Clio puts more of a smile on your face, on the limit the Civic is amazing though(for a wrong wheel drive car ;) )

It's kinda bittersweet when you sell a car that you enjoy, I'm pretty happy though that I rescued something that was scrappy bound (as I often do), made it work, made it GLF and pass it on to someone who can enjoy it. I could've kept it a bit longer but what the hell.

It was a big gamble taking it on pretty much sight unseen-big thanks to Tickman for viewing and help with collection.  It was especially risky as it was a non runner so who knows what horrors could've awaited me when it fired up for the first time. Luck was on my side though.

No more cars for the meantime, what I've got can get some attention!

I'll maybe go for a browse on gumtree later

Well, that was quick. A couple of guys came tonight, poked and prodded a bit then made an offer which made me happy.

She's gone. I'm almost sad  :-(

Getting the new alloys on it with decent tyres meant I could push it a bit last night. I'll say this now-when pushing it hard it's as good as a Clio 1*2  90% of the rest of the time a Clio puts more of a smile on your face, on the limit the Civic is amazing though(for a wrong wheel drive car ;) )

It's kinda bittersweet when you sell a car that you enjoy, I'm pretty happy though that I rescued something that was scrappy bound (as I often do), made it work, made it GLF and pass it on to someone who can enjoy it. I could've kept it a bit longer but what the hell.

It was a big gamble taking it on pretty much sight unseen-big thanks to Tickman for viewing and help with collection.  It was especially risky as it was a non runner so who knows what horrors could've awaited me when it fired up for the first time. Luck was on my side though.

No more cars for the meantime, what I've got can get some attention!

I'll maybe go and buy a Celica 

So glad this didn't turn out to be a bid pile!

I fixed that last bit for you :)

I had the following conversation with my good lady this morning. 

Me: So, Duncan (my mate who owns half the MR2) and I have bought a new engine for the MR2, I'm picking it up tomorrow after work.

Mrsdome: Oh, OK.

Me: It comes in a handy portable storage container. With 4 wheels.

Mrs Dome: I thought you weren't buying another car?

Me I'm not, I'm buying half an engine that just happens to still be in the car, for the moment.

Somehow I survived that one...

Collection on for tomorrow afternoon. I'm rubbish at collection threads compared to the old hands on here but it involves 3 trains and me trying to get 200 miles back with the new chariot in time for last orders at Scotoshite. In a car I've just bought with an MOT that can be measured using an egg timer. WCPGW?

I had the following conversation with my good lady this morning. 

Me: So, Duncan (my mate who owns half the MR2) and I have bought a new engine for the MR2, I'm picking it up tomorrow after work.

Mrsdome: Oh, OK.

Me: It comes in a handy portable storage container. With 4 wheels.

Mrs Dome: I thought you weren't buying another car?

Me I'm not, I'm buying half an engine that just happens to still be in the car, for the moment.

Somehow I survived that one...

Collection on for tomorrow afternoon. I'm rubbish at collection threads compared to the old hands on here but it involves 3 trains and me trying to get 200 miles back with the new chariot in time for last orders at Scotoshite. In a car I've just bought with an MOT that can be measured using an egg timer. WCPGW?

Heres hoping for a 3.0 Camry.