Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

Aberdeen achieved.

Last time I was here I was picking up the roffle Lexus from Supernaut. Which was also £3 a ticket from memory.

Half an hour or so and i meet the object of my desires.

Which are sitting on the dashboard of a broken funny looking Audidab8cd06d66d6b3325c40b264ce59fda.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

There’s a good chance that dome could have done the run to his house in one hit, I reckon it’s expelling about 100ml of coolant per 4.54litres of diesel.

And there was a good 5 litres of mixed /concentrate and water supplied with the car.

Dome did suggest going full roadkill and driving with the bonnet removed...

Fin.

I released the pressure in Forfar and cracked on. I stuck to 60mph and it seemed to behave, I had the heaters on all the time and the highest I saw on the coolant temp was 94. Will let it cool and check the levels.

The most worrying thing is something is fucked in the steering area, it feels quite wayward sometimes. Will investigate.

Now, I've earned a couple of butteries...8d92ac95022895161b3dd709dbbfe37f.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What's the plan with it?

So from a brief prod after getting home the plan is this.

Fix the coolant temp gauge as it's totally dead. I'll need to see if these run 2 sensors as Torque was giving me a reading for the whole trip, it may be one sensor with 2 feeds.

Jacking up the front shows the drivers side lower front arm has play which explains the wayward steering. It's pretty new so I'll see what the score is there, may have to press a new bush into it though. It was a novelty not having to worry about rotten jacking points BECAUSE ALUMINIUM

Then I'd like to press it into service to see how it behaves before I strip it down. I'll swap the Corollas insurance on to it when I get my finger out and rip it's engine out.

Well if you do decide to keep it and work your way through its foibles, there is a cheap/free way of sorting the headgasket without resorting to k-seal or steel seal. It's not guaranteed to work but worth a try.

Never seen it done on a three cylinder pd, but a 1.4 is essentially a 1.9 with a cylinder lopped off, so can't see why it wouldn't work. Deffo worth trying before resorting to taking the head off.