Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Domes shonky autos-Hawt Cougar Action

• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

#511 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationPeoples Republic of Fife

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Greetings all.

The S4 continues to Go Like Fuck very well, although my list of jobs for it starts to grow. Nothing too major althought here's an intermittent vibration from somewhere that needs diagnosing as well as gearbox and axle fluids to change. My fettling mojo has been pretty low of late though.

It was logical, therefore, to buy some more shite...

A mate and I had been talking about getting a track car for some Knockhill action. I live about 5 miles away and the lure of the place has been great. I fancy taking the Locost on at some point but would rather find my feet in something more substantial. 

To cut a long story short, yesterday we went halfers on this fine chariot.

IMG_20170611_154719998.jpg

IMG_20170611_154725828.jpg

IMG_20170611_154731305.jpg

IMG_20170612_084231742.jpg

IMG_20170611_170705225.jpg

It's a 2.5 V6 manual with 170 Bhp. It has a stainless exhaust and an induction kit so obviously it has lots* more than that now. It's also cheap enought that if(when) we roll it into a ball it won't be the end of the world. Financially at least.

Randomly it has been rebadged as a Mercury Cougar (It was sold as a Mercury Contour in the US I think) and the seller reckoned the grill/mudflaps/steering wheel and fuck knows what else are worth money. We shall see..

IMG_20170611_154749166.jpg

Behold our lovely light trims and tinted rear window. Guaranteed 20% across the rev range.

IMG_20170611_154744766.jpg

IMG_20170611_154739896.jpg

Opps, they fell* off

IMG_20170611_165833487.jpg

It drives OK but the tyres are shit so we'll look for some 15" (if they fit) or 16" steel wheels and flog the alloys.

There's something not right at the rear end so that's a priority, then bleed the brakes and probabaly fit discs/pads before taking it to Knockhill to show off our driving prowess. WCPGW?

• cort16, eddyramrod, Lacquer Peel and 8 others like this

#512 OFFLINE   andy18s

andy18s

• Full Members
  • 2,521 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Check the secondary inlets are opening up,you should get a Vtec style shove at around 3.5k iirc
If they don't get regular exercise then they can gum up....
Most Mondy ST200 bits will bolt on engine wise
There used to be a fairly active forum at UKCougar.org,but was incredibly clichey
One of the members had a totally over the top car that had been on Barry Island Boys,Piston heads SOTW ect. They did their best to defend him but it was an awfull thing to look at....
May be interested in the Mercury grille and rear badge if cheap.....
  • dome and Vince70 like this
2x Vivaro vans.....for now amyway

#513 OFFLINE   Supernaut

Supernaut

• Full Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationLurking.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Shit the bed!

I was looking at that on gumtree / ebay (can't remember which) the other day, thinking "hmm, tempting!"

Good work!

I'm guessing it's an alternative to the 406 coupe you didn't win (and nor did I, boo).
  • dome likes this

#514 OFFLINE   John F

John F

• Full Members
  • 5,517 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationLugbúrz

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

I've driven a V6 Cougar... it was EXACTLY the same as my V6 Calibra, i.e. long-legged rather than sporty with lazy, wide-spaced ratios in the gearbox. This doesn't suit the engine particularly well imo.

When I get round to it I'll swap the box in my Calibra for the close-ratio f28 6-speed I acquired from a Calibra Turbo a while ago, this appears to be the approved mod. Not sure what box would fit the Cougar if you choose to go down that route though.

Plenty of car for the money though, Cougars are sheep as ships nowadays.

Never knowingly under-ambitious

'97 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi

'94 Vauxhall Calibra V6
'91 Maserati 222 SE

'86 Honda CBX 750F
'82 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana

#515 OFFLINE   Vince70

Vince70

• Full Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBexhill

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

I've had two 2.5 Manual Cougars and can honestly say they are the best built Ford from the 90s after I sold my first one I regretted it so much that I spent another year finding the best that money could buy so bought a fully loaded minter which had done hardly any miles but redundancy forced me to sell it..

The thing is I still see both of them driving about locally years later still looking good I think Silver though is the only colour they come in.
The holy grail in Cougar ownership is owning a metallic red one as a few made it to our shores in that colour by mistake as it wasn't a colour available in Britain also some managed to be smuggled in via Southern Ireland.

Also check the front wishbones as these can only be bought through Ford and are quite expensive as the things aren't shared with any other ford and both mine ended up needing new ones and if you buy them from America cheap you still end up with import tax.

Also the V6 is a gem of an engine and is so smooth that you can balance a pound coin on top when it's running and I found that if I filled the car up I could get 99.9 miles to the gallon on the fuel computer if I rolled it at 70 down a very steep hill out of gear on the A21 so who needs a Hibrid when you can have a V6 lol.
  • dome likes this

#516 OFFLINE   andy18s

andy18s

• Full Members
  • 2,521 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Wishbones are shared with the Mondeo ST200 but aren't cheap anywhere
Front leather seats are allegedly done by the same company who did Lear jet seats
You do seem to sit On them and not In them but comfy enough for me
Front subframe is supposed to get dropped to change them as the bolts drop in from above
Rear subframe are starting to rot out,as are the back of the sills
Rear calipers sieze up
Ect
Ect

Ford priced them right up with BMW'S,hence not many got sold
  • dome likes this

#517 OFFLINE   AMC Rebel

AMC Rebel

• Full Members
  • 2,055 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Flip! you need to drop the front subrame to change the seats?

• chaseracer, alf892, andy18s and 1 other like this

1994 Range Rover Classic "The Crying Pumpkin"

2003 Jaaaag XJ 260K miles and counting

2000 Ford Mondeo Verona 1.8 pez FOR SALE Now with new As owner

2000 Ford Puma 1.7 - Roffled and now with new AS owner

1968 AMC Rebel SST convertible (working and road legal but in limp home mode)

1967 AMC Rebel SST convertible (superior body and originality being slowly raided for spares for the '68) Off road for at least the last 25 years

1956 Chevy 210 4 door hardtop - bought in 2000 and still in my garage - I even do a bit of work on it occasionally - long term project

2005 MG ZT-T awaiting completion of engine transplant of spare V6 after OMG HGF on the engine that "never has that problem"

2005 Land Rover Discovery - for long trips and moving engines 

#518 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

Well, let's see what we have then?

The back end was not right. There was a rattle the seller thought was a shock bush and the RHS rear didn't feel right at all.

So, up we go.

IMG_20170612_185237392.jpg

Not pictured but the bush going from the bottom of the hub onto the trailing arm was gubbed and the cause of our knock. 

Next, can anyone spot the problem?

IMG_20170612_193233248_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20170612_193220651.jpg

Yep, the second pic is the RHS transverse arm. It has been fucked somehow and has dragged the rear end out of alignment. This in turn has fucked the bush under the hub. Yet someone has been driving it like this for ages. Makes you wonder...

Incidentally the seller waxed lyrical in his advert about this having a zinc coated rear subframe. It's safe to say he was talking shit. Not that we actually care. 

A new arm is on the way and a bush will be sourced as soon as I can work out what the fuck it is called. The local factors list two in different sizes at a whopping £5 each. Might just buy both.

• Lacquer Peel likes this

#519 OFFLINE   BenHar

BenHar

• Full Members
  • 720 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationReigate, Surrey

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

Well, let's see what we have then?

The back end was not right. There was a rattle the seller thought was a shock bush and the RHS rear didn't feel right at all.

So, up we go.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170612_185237392.jpg

Not pictured but the bush going from the bottom of the hub onto the trailing arm was gubbed and the cause of our knock. 

Next, can anyone spot the problem?

attachicon.gifIMG_20170612_193233248_BURST001.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170612_193220651.jpg

Yep, the second pic is the RHS transverse arm. It has been fucked somehow and has dragged the rear end out of alignment. This in turn has fucked the bush under the hub. Yet someone has been driving it like this for ages. Makes you wonder...

Incidentally the seller waxed lyrical in his advert about this having a zinc coated rear subframe. It's safe to say he was talking shit. Not that we actually care. 

A new arm is on the way and a bush will be sourced as soon as I can work out what the fuck it is called. The local factors list two in different sizes at a whopping £5 each. Might just buy both.

Suspension made out of lolly sticks?

Is that what modern cars look like underneath?

I've said this before and I'll say it again, what is the fucking world coming to?

Ben
  • tooSavvy and Lacquer Peel like this

CHRIS1980, on 08 Jan 2016 - 8:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Your clearly thick....end of.

#520 OFFLINE   andy18s

andy18s

• Full Members
  • 2,521 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

that exhaust looks well done....cough

#521 OFFLINE   RoadworkUK

RoadworkUK

Ranking Roger

• Full Members
  • 3,321 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationBy Watts Linkage

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:50 AM

These were fairly savaged in the press, and I think rather cruelly so. Hacks kept whining about over-the-top styling - which by today's standards is anything but. Apparently they weren't quite as sharp to drive as a Fiat Coupe. But what is? If ever a car was damned with faint praise, this was it.

DSC_9035s.jpg

If you get really attached to yours there's a very good 1:18 scale model out there which can be achieved fairly unspendily.

FWIW, the Mercury Cougar was also sold in the UK as the Ford Cougar. Contour was the US Mondeo, Mystique was the Mercury Mondeo.

• dome likes this
Come and visit Hooniverse! Pan-global Motoring News And Opinion

#522 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

Got the transverse arm off tonight and compared it to the new one.

IMG_20170615_184431962.jpg

Yep, that's fucked.

Still got the trailing arm bush to do. Going to be a pain as I don't have a press. Things may get ugly.

Talking about ugly, I posted up on a cougar forum a thread about this. The thread needs to be approved which still hasn't happened 24hrs later. However, within minutes one of the moderators has commented on the previous owners project thread(which never got off the ground) about him selling it. I was open about tracking it, I suspect they've taken the huff and deleted it. Good old one make forums eh?
  • Lacquer Peel, phil_lihp and Coprolalia like this

#523 OFFLINE   Pete-M

Pete-M

ALL VXLs ARE SHIT.

• Full Members
  • 8,654 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Glorious Peoples Republic of Liverpool.

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

I had one of those Cougar V6s. It was quite a nice drive.

The only car I've ever known a scrap yard to turn down. Eventually sold it to a mechanic mate who ran it for a couple of years after spending about £200 on it.

214837.png 180526.png

Never knowingly inoffensive.

#524 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

I had one of those Cougar V6s. It was quite a nice drive.

The only car I've ever known a scrap yard to turn down. Eventually sold it to a mechanic mate who ran it for a couple of years after spending about £200 on it.

There goes our exit strategy then!

Desperately needing wheels/tyres for the Cougar for track antics but am being tight as two coats of paint about it. Ideally OEM Ford 16" or 17" withlegal non shonky tyres. Anyone got anything?

#525 OFFLINE   Pete-M

Pete-M

ALL VXLs ARE SHIT.

• Full Members
  • 8,654 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Glorious Peoples Republic of Liverpool.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

The chap who bought it may still have the set of Konis he fitted to it. I'll ask.
  • dome likes this

214837.png 180526.png

Never knowingly inoffensive.

#526 ONLINE   Stanky

Stanky

Forum Bursar

• Full Members
  • 1,593 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationFareham

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

I can offer up some 17" tyres from well known manufacturers but which might* be a bit elderly. Yours for the cost of postage if interested?

1996 Nissan Almera GX (departed)
2003 Toyota Yaris
2004 SAAB 9-3

Posted Image

#527 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

Ah, so where were we?

The S4 vibration was getting worse-it was really noticeable on acceleration, getting to the stage it was undriveable. 

Googling revealed a few options with the worst case being clutch/flywheel. Mine has had all of his done to cure a vibration in the past. My fettling Mojo was low so the S4 sat for a week or two while I smoked about in the Cougar. One front arm was worn and while I suspected it wasn't the cause I replaced that which made no difference. My Mojo sank further.

I eventually got back underneath it and started with the CV joints-these can go and give similar symptoms allegedly.

Well, what do we have here?

That was the drivers side inner CV. The vid should show me holding the shaft with one hand (Steady...) while showing the play in the CV with the other. Safe to say that one is fucked.

A bit of Google Fu revealed the same inner CV used across all A4s this shape. I ventured off to my local scrappy to liberate a driveshaft from a breaker. This wasn't as easy as you'd think... The inner CVs are held on to the transmission by 6 bolts. If the cars in one piece then a screwdriver in a vent on the disc will stop the shaft rotating when removing them, of course in the scrappy they were all missing hubs which made things a challenge. I eventually got one removed and headed home. 

Old shaft out and dismantled the CV. It shouldn't look like this...

IMG_20170625_180808914.jpg

IMG_20170625_180812610.jpg

"New" one was stripped down, cleaned up and assembled and then it was time for a roadtest.

Result! The vibration was gone so I could actually drive the S4 again. Thank fuck for that!

I'll check the passenger side CV again and may end up replacing them both to be on the safe side.

I've still got transmission and rear axle fluids to change and cruise control to fit. Oh and the RS4 rear roll bar is in my garage needing fitted. I did say my mojo has been low...

Anyone experienced with VCDS? I think I can reprogram it with my version but am not sure. I have the stalk, just need the lower cowling with the cutout for the stalk.

Time for the Cougar to get a bit of attention. More to follow...

• Fat_Pirate, cort16, Lacquer Peel and 4 others like this

#528 OFFLINE   tooSavvy

tooSavvy

tooSerious x far..!

• Full Members
  • 4,373 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationWallsend on Tyne

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Suspension made out of lolly sticks?Is that what modern cars look like underneath?I've said this before and I'll say it again, what is the fucking world coming to?Ben

ToMM© is all lollysticks >> kwalitee lollysticks, mind :)

TS

Wallsend?.....it's not the End of the Walled ;<)

35942490325_3f0da8b633_m.jpgSUCKS

#529 ONLINE   Dave_Q

Dave_Q

• Full Members
  • 3,392 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationHuddersfield

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Ah, so where were we?

The S4 vibration was getting worse-it was really noticeable on acceleration, getting to the stage it was undriveable.

Googling revealed a few options with the worst case being clutch/flywheel. Mine has had all of his done to cure a vibration in the past. My fettling Mojo was low so the S4 sat for a week or two while I smoked about in the Cougar. One front arm was worn and while I suspected it wasn't the cause I replaced that which made no difference. My Mojo sank further.

I eventually got back underneath it and started with the CV joints-these can go and give similar symptoms allegedly.

Well, what do we have here?

https://youtu.be/05kfFVZmUnE

That was the drivers side inner CV. The vid should show me holding the shaft with one hand (Steady...) while showing the play in the CV with the other. Safe to say that one is fucked.

A bit of Google Fu revealed the same inner CV used across all A4s this shape. I ventured off to my local scrappy to liberate a driveshaft from a breaker. This wasn't as easy as you'd think... The inner CVs are held on to the transmission by 6 bolts. If the cars in one piece then a screwdriver in a vent on the disc will stop the shaft rotating when removing them, of course in the scrappy they were all missing hubs which made things a challenge. I eventually got one removed and headed home.

Old shaft out and dismantled the CV. It shouldn't look like this...

attachicon.gifIMG_20170625_180808914.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170625_180812610.jpg

"New" one was stripped down, cleaned up and assembled and then it was time for a roadtest.

Result! The vibration was gone so I could actually drive the S4 again. Thank fuck for that!

I'll check the passenger side CV again and may end up replacing them both to be on the safe side.

I've still got transmission and rear axle fluids to change and cruise control to fit. Oh and the RS4 rear roll bar is in my garage needing fitted. I did say my mojo has been low...

Anyone experienced with VCDS? I think I can reprogram it with my version but am not sure. I have the stalk, just need the lower cowling with the cutout for the stalk.

Time for the Cougar to get a bit of attention. More to follow...

If you have VCDS issues, let me know, I've got an activated* version of VCDS lite somewhere which will let you code in the CC.

I think you can do it with the trial version though.
  • dome likes this

Running the Great North Run 2017 for https://www.tommys.org/ - sponsor me please!

http://uk.virginmone...om/davidquashie

2002 Citroen Berlingo Multispace HDi
2001 Alfa 156 Rotwagon

1993 Vespa PX125
Assorted pushbikes

#530 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 3,889 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

Genuine VCDS? If not, then I'd heavily suggest getting one. I used my friends genuine VCDS and it's 1000x more stable than the knock offs. They have reasonable resale value too, so you should get most of your money back. Alternatively get a second hand one.
  • dome likes this
Current Fleet:
2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp - The fun one that is the last hurrah before kids
2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner that is like the family pet.
2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying

My history: 2003 Clio II 1.2 16v (First car), 2003 Honda Civic 3dr 1.7 CTDi (Isuzu lump), 1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, 2005 Mazda RX8 192bhp, 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9TiD 150bhp, 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDi, 2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto (Now Kiltox FiL), 2004 Saab 9-5 2.3t (Now Hooli), 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp
Wife history (that she used/owned but I had frequent use of): 2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (Billabong!), 2006 Mazda MX5 1.8, 2004 VW Golf 1.6 FSI, 2005 Renault Scenic II 2.0 (went bad from the drive back when buying it!), 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v (now phil_lihp ex-colleague), 2005 Renault Laguna II v6 (Now angle)

#531 ONLINE   cort16

cort16

3.5 tonnes maximum

• Full Members
  • 17,018 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

VCDS sounds something you need to sort with dose of antbiotics after a trip to Magaluf.

• The Moog and dome like this

I estimate this car needs £3000 maybe £4000 spending on it to get it rite and when this is done it will be wotrth about £1500!!

#532 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

I have a cracked version of VCDS lite. It reads codes from the S4 fine and gives me various options which I have no idea about. I'll do some homework...

#533 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 3,889 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

If I'm doing any coding, programming, etc of any ECUs I've learnt that using a genuine tool is a lot less frightful. Remember if it fucks up half way through doing what it's doing when programming/coding it can leave things in a bad state. Sometimes unrecoverable so.

£300 for a genuine one becomes cheap when you've fucked up a module.
  • dome likes this
Current Fleet:
2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp - The fun one that is the last hurrah before kids
2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner that is like the family pet.
2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying

My history: 2003 Clio II 1.2 16v (First car), 2003 Honda Civic 3dr 1.7 CTDi (Isuzu lump), 1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, 2005 Mazda RX8 192bhp, 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9TiD 150bhp, 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDi, 2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto (Now Kiltox FiL), 2004 Saab 9-5 2.3t (Now Hooli), 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp
Wife history (that she used/owned but I had frequent use of): 2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (Billabong!), 2006 Mazda MX5 1.8, 2004 VW Golf 1.6 FSI, 2005 Renault Scenic II 2.0 (went bad from the drive back when buying it!), 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v (now phil_lihp ex-colleague), 2005 Renault Laguna II v6 (Now angle)

#534 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Right, back to this fine track weapon(s grade piece of shite)

So the rear arm has been replaced, that left the bush on the rear and trying to make the brakes work.

So, naturally, we chose to strip it out. Beer may* have been involved.

The interiors still in the car.

IMG_20170618_134719333.jpg

And now it's not.

IMG_20170618_134940480.jpg

Stopped off at a local classic car show afterwards. 

A classic ford with racing pedigree, and an old Cortina

IMG_20170618_135601420.jpg

And this was on display. Truly the choice of winners.

IMG_20170618_140544069.jpg

• The Moog likes this

#535 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

The tyres on this thing were treacherous on the road, let alone the track. After much classified searching these were purchased and fitted.

Toyo T1Rs

IMG-20170624-WA0004.jpeg

Attention turned to the brakes-new pads were fitted, bleeding was next. Despite my best efforts with heat, plusgas and a modicum of swearing the drivers side nipple sheared off.

IMG_20170706_182032898.jpg

Luckily* someone had taken the trouble to shear off the passengers side one to save me having to do it myself.

In a fit of ingenuity I decided to try and drill them out, tap them and fit new nipples.

IMG_20170706_182043580.jpg

IMG_20170706_182035881.jpg

This failed.

We're waiting for new calipers to arrive.

In the meantime I replaced the knackered rear bush.

IMG_20170710_195831764.jpg

Insert Cougar bush joke here.

• Honey Badger and Tickman like this

#536 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 1,724 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

Behold the shiny!

IMG_20170711_132859821.jpg

That's tonight's mission decided. This should be fun

#537 OFFLINE   Tickman

Tickman

• Full Members
  • 906 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationDundee

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

Behold the shiny!

attachicon.gifIMG_20170711_132859821.jpg

That's tonight's mission decided. This should be easy with no issues.

Fixed that for you!

Fingers crossed.

1968 Morris Minor 1000

1957 Morris Minor 1000

1968 Land Rover 

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1

1998 Volvo 940

1972 Triumph Toledo

1986 Talbot Express Camper

#538 OFFLINE   Bren

Bren

• Full Members
  • 5,535 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationI dunno man - i only just got here meself!

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

Do you have a mig welder? I have welded pozidrive bits to the stub then wound it out - the heat usually frees it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users