Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

Wow, you do find them don't you? £500 tax puts me off the Citroen. It's close though so no harm in looking...

Have been talking to this chap

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252832957535?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apparently you can get bikes in...

and this one too.

media.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702202516294?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

The badly painted door is outweighed by the LPG and decent history.

It'll probably go nowhere but you never know.

Also been emailing folk about £500 V70 Estates close by.

I should probably go for a test drive.

EFA

Go on?

A big cheap smoker for a month or two could be considered, I'll be moving my dad into a home shortly and will need to empty his house.

It was my dad's for the last 9 years or so until he changed it for an XC70 last month. I didn't want him to trade it in because I fancy it for myself. That would mean me getting rid of the Santa Fe so I'm now thinking I should have let him trade it in. D5 163bhp 40+mpg and surprisingly quick for a big car.

It has always been serviced by a local independent, has mot to December and a folder of bills. The last big one was last year when he had the clutch and dmf replaced. That bill was for £1200 which is how he wants for the car.

There's a wee patch of lacquer peel on the drivers side rear quarter, otherwise the paintwork is pretty sound. New winter tyres on this year which are still like new. Think it has about 120k miles.

More pics and info available if you want. Welcome to come and see and have a drive too.

More talk of LS400s makes me want to get mine out of storage even more! I miss it for the daily commute, even if the Abarth is double the MPG.

From memory, my stainless system cost £800 hereabouts. (Owner before me got it fitted). Still have the cats fitted and running just the centre silencer and the backboxs, perfect and unassuming when toddling about town sound wise but stomp the throttle and she has a nice AMG-esk sound. ;)

Would the non-VVTI 1UZ sound any different?

Apparently none of us want dome to remain solvent.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm doing a good enough job myself. I've looked at 2 Audi S4 Avants in the last 2 days. If i get one Mason will have to go though :(

Speaking of Mason, the Lexus has done 900 miles in just over a week. Supremely comfortable and surprisingly economical. There are bushings away at the front and i suspect a transmission mount which I'll try to get a look at but other than that its doing well .

I blame it for making me want an S4.

What did you think of them? There's not many cars that still have a v8 and a manual box.

Great cars. Not as quick as i thought but feel solid and very planted. Subtle too which i like. Yesterday's was from a dealer and wasn't great. Todays was private and was very very good bar a few issues. Oh and running lpg...

I'm on the beer tonight so need to not email making offers.

The Clio 182 he had (which I really wish I was in a position that I could have bought it:() had more power, lighter and better handling than them.

Sorry, it reached the stage where i had to shift cars, if only for my sanity. BMW, Clio and my Dad's Fiesta went in the same week.

Sigh, searching for cars is frustrating. Waiting to hear back about one I really like (the silver LPG'd S4) which has some issues, I've kinda got my heart set on it assuming the problem is nothing major and despite searching for alternatives nothing matches up.  There was a vibration at speed, he's sure it is a bent alloy and so is trying another set on it to see if it makes a difference. I should find out today if it's cured it.

I do need a car soon though. The Lexus is no use for bikes and while the economy is decent on a run for commuting it's not. A cheap shed may happen in the meantime if the Audi falls through.

In the meantime I have my Dads house to empty over the coming months as he's in a care home and my girlfriends brother moves house in a month or two.

A cheap van has been suggested. By my girlfriend! It'd be rude not to... Ideally £500 ish with a few months MOT. Broken and cheap would be even better, letting me fix it, smoke around for a bit and get my money back/make a small profit. 

Surely what you need is a WJ Grand Cherokee 4.7V8 on LPG? Oh......

I loved that big old bus! Even though it had more hits than Abba it was still great. Trouble is i don't like revisiting things I've had before, especially as spec wise that one was as good as they get.

I have looked at later shape Hemis though, there are none in budget and running LPG.

Range Rovers are on the list. I may go and look at a local L322 to get a feel for them depending on results of the S4 wheel swap.

More talk of LS400s makes me want to get mine out of storage even more! I miss it for the daily commute, even if the Abarth is double the MPG.

From memory, my stainless system cost £800 hereabouts. (Owner before me got it fitted). Still have the cats fitted and running just the centre silencer and the backboxs, perfect and unassuming when toddling about town sound wise but stomp the throttle and she has a nice AMG-esk sound. ;)

Would the non-VVTI 1UZ sound any different?

RONG.

I remember when we were under it, it just has cats and back boxes. There's no space in the tunnel in the middle of the car to have silencers when there are two pipes alongside each other.

Also... dibs on buying Mason back. Depending on how much you ask for. I still haven't managed to shift the O.Z. wheels, so may as well put them back on Mason!