Domes shonky autos - Manta progress!

dome

Well, after advertising the Auris on ebay (zilch) Gumtree (nada) I thought I'd try Facebook Marketplace. 

Yes I know, bear with me though...

The price was on the money-about as cheap as these things get. 

I received about 10 messages along the lines of "Is it still for sale?" to which I duly replied and heard nothing back.

I received another one yesterday but they did get back to me and arranged a viewing for yesterday evening.

They turned up, poked and prodded and dispatched their father ( a Toyota man, apparently) on the test drive. He drove it for about 400 yards, declared "It's got a bit of poke, that's good enough for me" and drove it back.

Some mild haggling was done, cash was counted and documents were filled in, it then drove away into the sunset.

Result!

Now to try not to buy something else, even though I have a spare insurance policy and cash in my pocket...

Wanders off to Low Cost Big Liability thread...

So, seeing as I did so well with my last Japanese hatchback I thought I'd try another.

I was nearly buying two cars after a Celica 190 turned up locally for cheaps, it had gone before I reached it though. It would have been an engine donor for the MR2.

This one though... this one is a gamble. Possibly more so than normal for me, we shall see. 

It is, naturally, broken.

I've not actually seen it in the metal yet,

A deposit has been sent and a (t)rusted shiter has not only viewed on my behalf but is providing temporary storage til I can get it shifted home by Shiply most likely (Dundee to Dunfermline if anyone can help?)

It does not drive. It may never drive again without a lot of money being thrown at it. There is a chance though I can save it without breaking the bank. Lets see.

Want a teaser?

Here you go...

post-7629-0-52903200-1525209906_thumb.jpg

So, seeing as I did so well with my last Japanese hatchback I thought I'd try another.

I was nearly buying two cars after a Celica 190 turned up locally for cheaps, it had gone before I reached it though. It would have been an engine donor for the MR2.

This one though... this one is a gamble. Possibly more so than normal for me, we shall see. 

It is, naturally, broken.

I've not actually seen it in the metal yet,

A deposit has been sent and a (t)rusted shiter has not only viewed on my behalf but is providing temporary storage til I can get it shifted home by Shiply most likely (Dundee to Dunfermline if anyone can help?)

It does not drive. It may never drive again without a lot of money being thrown at it. There is a chance though I can save it without breaking the bank. Lets see.

Want a teaser?

Here you go...

attachicon.gifb5c8f26b-ac01-4379-84fe-0d03a1ee40d2.jpg

That looks horrific, good luck!

Shit, either I'm really predictable or some of you guys have got amazing spotting skills.

It is indeed a CTR (I genuinely didn't know what that was)

It is not just any CTR (I'm getting down with the kids) It is quite possibly the worst Civic Type R, sorry, CTR in the country.