1988 'F' Citroen BX 1.9 GTi 8v - £500 - Teesside

JohnK

'88 F Citroen BX 19 GTi 8v

MOT: February 2017

Miles: Reads 90k but speedo hasn't been working until I got it, I replaced the cable but it has now stopped working again !

She drives absolutely ace - engine pulls really well and she is really nippy. Previous owner replaced spheres all round within the last year and it's had a recent LHM flush.

Stacks of history in a lever arch file.

Cosmetically she isn't bad, she's a bit rough around the edges but that's part of the charm. She's solid though with no dents or scratches.

Interior - drivers seat is a GTi seat but doesn't match the rest of the trim. Glovebox is missing but I've got a replacement which I will fit and also a drivers side A pillar trim.

She was running really lumpy from cold when I got her but with use this doesn't seem to be so much of an issue. Suspension goes up and down as it should.

I don't particularly want to get rid of her but I do need a large diesel in the fleet which is missing at the moment, but a White LHM carrying Dizzler has been agreed on as a replacement 😉

There are some spares in the boot that came with it but I have not looked through them.

She owes me £500 and that's the shiter price if there is any interest before I brave eBay mongs at £795.

0739CB5E-C8CA-41AF-9B22-37141D3A2DDC_zps

A7408F7A-75E1-4E8D-89E5-662CA712B5FA_zps

More pics later.

Great car and great price - nice to see BX's still cheap!   These 8v Gti's seem to be getting rare now - not as collectable and craazy as the 16v but not very economical compared to the TD's..

I think they're a good compromise though and you don't need to cane them like the 16v to have fun... I had an F reg 8v in silver back in the 90's and it was my first fast..ish car and loved it... it's weight, power and sphere settings (if you can call them that) all seemed to work together so well.

I had one of these back in the day too - as a brand new company car.  After it went back I terrified myself going over a road I'd driven a million times in the BX in my boss's borrowed SD1 V8 VDP - I was going at the same speed as I was used to in the BX, but being thrown about and changing direction because of all sorts of bumps in the road I had no idea were there in the BX. 

G472 XLR was mine - had factory aircon as an extra.  I checked a while ago - it's long deed.

I saw a lovely blue GS on the road today, nearly shouted out the window as I passed but didn't want to sound like a pillock.

I have ca£h waiting but unfortunately it's for builders not BX's.

I do want you to know I gave it many seconds of serious thought but due to the exceptional standard of other candidates at this time, regret to inform you that your chod has not been successful on this occasion.

GLW yadda yadda ;)

I knew I shouldn't have joined this site. It was easier when I thought I was the only one! Far too tempting. I had a 1.4 bx re back in the 20th century. I remember having a sphere or two replaced and the cambelt went (no damage) but other than that it was a reliable car and pretty good on fuel. I've always fancied a bx gti and this has got to be as cheap as they get. Depreciation proof, can only go up in value, very rare, future classic etc etc, GLWTS.