ruffgeezer

Model: 306 Convertible
Year: 1998
Mileage: 70,000
MOT: March 2017
Price: £900 ono
Contact details: Via Pm please

post-2711-0-28234000-1459603941.jpg

Bought July last year with little history and a broken roof from a suburb of Leicester.
I replaced the cambelt, waterpump,  front springs (it had 206 lowering springs fitted), front shocks and replaced the burst roof hoses with some braided ones from HEL Performance.

The electric roof now works as it should but could be adjusted to sit a little more snugly to the decklid.

It's got a set of matching budget tyres in reasonable nick, a full black leather interior, 2 keys but sadly more than an average amount of parking dents, it spent a lot of it's earlier life in the carpark of Leicester hospital where these were gained.

Engine wise, it is the 2.0 16v and it goes very well indeed, there is a slight rattle from the exhaust and the clutch action is quite stiff.

I've been neglecting my Ax Vts since I bought this, and the kids aren't too keen at going anywhere with the roof open so it's a bit of a white elephant really.

Might P/ex, try me?

Happy to collect purchasers from either Lincoln or Boston railway station.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice colour.  A 306 cab is on my summer bucket list of 3 cars  so I'd love to own this (vis The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan) but nowhere have I any cash hidden.  Could do £200 and an MOT'd GPZ 500s ? Otherwise GLWTS and hope someone with the right attitude gets it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm so far I've had an offer of a 206 1.4hdi with 120k on the clock, with presumably money his way.

Anyone got anything else to offer?

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Are these less floppy than a Saab 9-3 convertible?

A jelly is less floppy than a Saab 9-3 Convertible. They are fun to drive, mainly because you never quite know which direction it's going to point in next. Or whether it's the same direction the other end of the car is pointing.

Problem solved by just going fast with the roof down and ignoring it. I still liked mine, I know you weren't exactly keen! 

Whoa there............... Don't be feeling left out, I have a lovely little blue AX. Did I mention this?

Hah! Thought you'd escaped!

Sorry to have missed you at the weekend, Ken. Although I think I might have possibly sat with you on the train, did you have a conversation with Will about running cars on veg?

Anyway, has the ax got any ticket? :)