1998 Lolvo V70 TDi auto £SOLD

sutty2006

Due to Forseen circumstances I wont be needing this volvo anymore. I bought it 2 months ago to use for working a long way from home. Ive done 450-550 miles a week in this. Mileage is now coming up to 200k, I wish I could take it further. It drives SPOT ON. Doesnt pull to one side, knock, bang, clatter, meow at all. The 5 cylinder 2.5 TDi engine pulls like a train and ive been returning 45-50 mpg on steady runs. Its a little rough round the edges, paint work is pretty crap scratches and stone chips etc but mechanically its sound.  4 good matching tyres with full size alloy spare

It passed its MOT 2 months ago with one advisory for headlight pattern - I have since fitted good headlights.

It needed new rear disks pads and a caliper for MOT.

Spec list is huge. Electric heated front and rear seats. Electric mirrors, tilt n slide sunroof, windows, central locking, etc etc the list is endless. It has a full Parrot handsfree blue tooth phone kit fitted which works.

£650 to shiters, A bargain for such a huge lazy luxo barge thats ready to go.

13118893_10154186511263259_4095622276084

13164227_10154186511358259_9011970063689

13173979_10154186511308259_7796527170497

13151614_10154186511348259_9145665482124

Located in Stoke on Trent. Come have a look, its better than you think it is!

"Any more" is two words where I come from, therefore I'm out, GLWTS.

But SRSLY that is a lovely colour, and if it goes anything like as well as Richard's one (tested above) then it's a bit of a bargain sleeper. That 850 TDi is one of the most surprisingly capable cross-country cars I've ever driven. Joe_Cleland hoon test approved.

I cant stress how good it is to drive. Just like Mr wobblers video explained in a nut shell. The 5 cylinder 2.5 does pick its heals up quite well!

Sorry i cant take and swaps,trades, camels or daags...... just pure cash. The driveway is full and needs to be culled

Update.

Cambelt and water pump changed at 173000.

Engine oil and filter changed by me at 198000ish....

That looks good value to me. I bought one, a TDi auto, for family last year and it's characerful and cosy. Feels slow at times but in reality isn't - the engine makes itself known at slower speeds when accelerating. Quick on fast A roads and more than keeps up with the outside lane when it's full of silly Audis.

My 850, the one in DW's video above, kept pace with a manual T5 for the first eighth of a mile at Crail. The T5 left me behind for the rest of the quarter mile of course, but I don't think it was quite as convincing a victory as the T5 owner had been hoping for. The handling is pretty impressive too.

My 850, the one in DW's video above, kept pace with a manual T5 for the first eighth of a mile at Crail. The T5 left me behind for the rest of the quarter mile of course, but I don't think it was quite as convincing a victory as the T5 owner had been hoping for. The handling is pretty impressive too.

it did however get humped by an octavia;)

seriously, they seem a bloody good fun/comfort/economy comprimise:)

I switched the CD off in the family V70 one day having just serviced it and thinking the engine had failed, crank bearings or summit (had I poured the fresh oil in, had the sump plug been tightened?). It was a 32 or 64' foot organ pipe, something I've never heard car speakers replicate before. Amazing sound, best I've heard in any car - but it is the more expensive one, with knobs instead of sliders. 

I'm not a fan of the newer Volvos but that looks great, colour is lovely.

What mpg ?

Between 45-50 on motorway/dual carridgeway

Go on then.

Are you in on wednesday?

I am. Ive got an MOT to do at 11:30am and a job interview at 4:30PM so i can work around you.