Peugeot 205 XLd

Jim Bell

Thought I had better start a thread for this as its probably going to be back up for sale at some point in the future.

Firtsly, Many thanks to Red5 for passing this one on, and to Lord Stirling for delivery.
Great service all round, much reccomended. Better than Ebay and Shiply.

Here we have a XUD powered three door race car.

There is some lacquer on the car. There is also some not lacquer.

As delivered:

Dirtier that a Doncaster slags grundies.

IA4aKT2.jpg

RfyAama.jpg

Got busy with the fizzy and scraped off most of the road smeg.

1sPKiJj.jpg

Cleanded up:

KFjC6IP.jpg

Late munny shot:

SF9nrld.jpg

Got busy removing DNA and grit from the interior today.  It cleans up surprisingly well.

97Gz6uv.jpg

gBxFJKS.jpg

m3kjAyh.jpg

EODixQd.jpg

XWiHzOI.jpg

Wat a Clarri-on.

kz3wpXV.jpg

Knob of shame.

mHoJze8.jpg

1ANuyB2.jpg

Installed some non-genuine Reliant car mats.

Pv4LsB0.jpg

Probably needs another going over, but its much improved.

The verdict after a few hours pootling around today is that its very good.

Steering is very light for a non-PAS with a big heavy lump up front, even at low man-hoovering speeds.  On the go its pretty sprightly really.  I chuckled out loud when Lord Stirling said it was pretty quick, but hats off to him and the car, as he was right.  I dont know HOW its not dead slow, but its just not.  Clutch its light as a butterfly fart and the gears select slick as a dockers pants splitting down the seam #Trigger.

Engine is resonant and thrummy, starting up quick as a Milkman and settling straight down to steady work.

Seats would be comfy if I was human sized and shaped.

The thick stalks engage with a satisfying clunk as per all auld Pugs and all buttons are large and obvious.

The blower motor doesnt squeal, which is a fucking miracle.  Ive had 3 other 205s and 2 309s and as far as I recall, the blowers always squeal like fingernails down a blackboard.

Theres three keys.  They all do a different thing and dont get along with each other. 

7.6 out of ten.

All credit to its former owners.

I had my diesel 205 for about 18 months which is like 3 lifetimes in Autoshite years.  The amount of power is quite feeble but it's got reasonable torque and manages to be an interesting drive as the handling is quite sweet.  It did 75 miles a day without complaint, I think the only thing it needed was front suspension bushes and a battery.

More power would be lovely, the turbo diesels are quite rare but I did wonder about a 306 turbo diesel engine in there.  Sadly I didn't have the time or space to do this but I think with 90bhp and td-torque it would be an absolute hoot.

I had my diesel 205 for about 18 months which is like 3 lifetimes in Autoshite years.  The amount of power is quite feeble but it's got reasonable torque and manages to be an interesting drive as the handling is quite sweet.  It did 75 miles a day without complaint, I think the only thing it needed was front suspension bushes and a battery.

More power would be lovely, the turbo diesels are quite rare but I did wonder about a 306 turbo diesel engine in there.  Sadly I didn't have the time or space to do this but I think with 90bhp and td-torque it would be an absolute hoot.

Or you do an explosive-cabbage and turn said 306-engine-fitted-to-a-205 up to silly boost and piss off Fiesta STs at Crail.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that Knob Of Shame succumbed to the high cabin heat of a bright northern day, and melted. Though my hand was covered in sticky black gum, I managed to swap it for something inappropriate and PINEAPPLE that I had in the shed.

If anyone has a genuine knob, I'd give it a good home.

post-5435-0-13692700-1462199828_thumb.jpg