Brammys BXcellent adventure, ZX RAFFLE all gone, draw tomorrow, pp details later

bramz7

Nobody wanted my £75 Xant so you might be waiting a while. £300 looks a bargain for something so clean and I'm sure the right person is out there for it. Is there a ZX Facebook group or anything? That seems to be a pretty good way of shifting things. Otherwise carandclassic is a bit better than ebay and doesnt cost anything...

They are great little cars, mine has become my daily driver and gave me the kick up the arse to get rid of the grand punto. They are reasonably rust resistant, parts are peanuts, comfy to drive. Just unfortunately unless they are a 3 door, estate or a volcane they have little following. Bang it up for a raffle, if you manage to sell it before the roffle sells out just pull the roffle.

One more try.

I will let someone on here have this wonderful machine for £250. Its on Facebook for £325 but £250 gets it. 

Go on.

I know I've probably lowered the price too much now but I NEED the space more than anything. 

You'll even get a lift from Reading station in another ZX. What's stopping you? 

• 2 weeks later...

It went on eBay last night for £185. Madness. Oh well, I'd rather the knowledge its with someone who will look after it.

Anyway, this happened:

30945578225_de199e2384_z.jpg1990 Citroen BX14 RE. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

I got a BX. Much more fun to drive. And amazingly, half the cost on insurance.... First impressions are that it needs a tidy up but drives super well. I don't think I've had a car with such a good clutch?! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be very wary about only having a BX to get you around. I'd hang on to the ZX as back up for when it inevitably shits a load of LHM over your drive or spontaneously combusts or whatever

Nah, they're fine as long as you carry a stanley knife (to trim the split ends off return pipes) and a 5l bottle of LHM (to re-fill the tank). For absolute reliability*, also keep a couple of strut return pipes in the glovebox.

Nah, they're fine as long as you carry a stanley knife (to trim the split ends off return pipes) and a 5l bottle of LHM (to re-fill the tank). For absolute reliability*, also keep a couple of strut return pipes in the glovebox.

Similar advice applies to the XM then?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Similar advice applies to the XM then?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If a strut return snaps, it's hardly the end of the world. I always had a 1 litre bottle of LHM in all of my hydraulic Citroens, but only one of them ever sprang a mahoosive leak - and it still drove ok (I doubt I would have got much further than the mile I drive it to be fair). Main reason to carry a bottle of LHM is you never know where you'll be able to buy another bottle these days. Seriously, these Citroens have rather bigger worries than the hydraulics. French electrics for the most part.

BX looks a good buy. I do like Olympic Blue, and the 1400 petrol is a fun, perky little motor. Not really geared for a comfortable motorway cruise sadly.