1980s Volvo...the Itera Plastic bicycle

inconsistant

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to say what it was, silly me.

And the Burger King cardboard crown for King of Guessing goes to...

Drum roll...

Pause and count to 10...

And with an Olympic bit of deduction the winner is...

post-16950-0-45830100-1461791935_thumb.jpg

RobT!!!!!

Well done Rob, a crisp £5 note is winging its way to you as you read this.

(Sorry!)

Its awesome! I've been on the look out for one for a few years, and this one is a beauty. It's the 80s overpriced underdeveloped plastic bike no one wanted.
My phone battery is almost dead, so I'll add more photos and a review of the riding experience in a bit when I get home.

I like a bit of cycling and I've got a thing for unusual/shite bikes. I grew up with a Chopper, then got another one when I was at college and a bit too old really to be riding one. Anything a bit unusual is of interest. I got my first folding bike by dragging it out of a skip... it was a cheapo badly made rusty heap, which I named the 'Skipton' (like Brompton, Bickerton... get it?)

I sold that for £5, making a clear £5 profit. My next folder was a Strida, that weird triangular bike from the 80s with plastic wheels, drum brakes and a kevlar belt for a chain. They still make it, but the latest version is much more sensible. 
I then got a Brompton, which I've had for about 12 years, and is used almost daily. I've got a couple of other sensible bikes too.

At the 2013 NEC classic car show on the Volvo club stand I came across, in the biblical sense, these Itera Bikes. I'd never heard of them before, despite having a few books 'encyclopeadias' on odd bikes and subscribing to Velovision mag for a few years.

post-16950-0-25963800-1461793727_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-78843800-1461793407_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-07824400-1461793480_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-33384300-1461793517_thumb.jpg

They were the most exciting thing at the show for me. I started to research them to try to find out a bit more. And just, you know, casually look around to see if they ever came up for sale, and for how much...