2001 Vectra SRi 150 Cortinadave's now:)

320touring

When my mate Alan did the discs on my Astra he had a star shaped punch that he battered f**k out of before trying to turn that screw, brute force and ignorance there!

I'll just drill them out if needs be.

same story with the old e30s- almost every one in the history of ever is stuck

Yes, but you just smash the discs off an E30 with a big hammer and turn the remains of the screw out with Mole grips.

Does that not work on a Vectra?

Not when its yer only working car and you need it tomorrow:)

Its one for when I can be bothered and have a spare day

This has temporarily shifted to be the burd's daily, as her Clio 172 needs knocking into shape for an MOT.

so, out with the e30 316 auto for my commute.

first day in, on the way home:

LhK6M95E.png

which neccesitated the adoption of a #swampcooler exhaust..

vp814tJi.png

and proves why you should only buy touring e30s:)

that said it sounded great!

https://youtu.be/NkAKaNTHVgU

• 3 months later...

This is still in daily service - having passed 7k miles in our ownership. All it has had are some pads and 2 tyres at the front. I have front discs to fit, but not had the time yet, and rear pads will need doing soon

Currently stands me at 18p a mile including servicing/parts and purchase (but excluding tax and insurance) once you factor in my expenses when I was using it for work, it drops to 13p per mile. pretty damn good. Should tip over 100k miles this week

It's still the burd's beater, and seems to take it in its stride. Seems to have a bit of a fondness for oil - but that seems to be an "they all do that, sir" problem with this 2.2 lump.

All in all, a bargain, reliable way to motor in relative comfort - so much so, it got its 2nd wash tonight, and even had wax applied!

PYZ9dM7E.jpg

You'd need to help me get the Clio back up and running furra burd! as couldn't afford to damage this when its responsible for getting her to the ole wage earner

See I'm pretty drunk right now so what I took from that was something about ragging a Clio round Knockhill. And something about your burd. So win win.

It appears that Neil has left the forum and someone else is using his username, making spurious posts about polishing cars.

Re the Clio: There appears to be an ongoing 'joke' between the commentators* at Knockhill about the number of Clios on track at any one time. Must mean they're good!

*insufferable gobshites.