2001 Vectra SRi 150 Cortinadave's now:)

320touring

Nice! After 230 miles they'll probably clean the discs up nicely too

The question is whether I go the backeoads- the Alfa was fucking amazing over them despite shagged suspension.

this will be underwhelming in comparison.

mind you, 41mpg out the last tank ftw!

Is it a good idea to bed new pads into old discs. Doesn't that run the risk of transferring the old disc's wear patterns to the new one?

I wasn't that hard on them tbh- and new discs due at the weekend:).

the old pads had maybe 2 hards stops left before metal on the inners, so I swapped them out due to long drive yesterday. Didn't want to pull discs off fue to potential for much bastarditis. That can wait for Sat

Somehow I seem to have managed 41.8mpg from the last tank on this, and the current one is showing 38.8odds after 240 miles.

this despite major hoonage on the backroads in the sun yesterday- empty backroads and dry tarmac= new pads well bedded in!

Are you using any hypermiling techniques etc?

Just checked and my long term average on my HDi Berlingo is 35mpg!! Admittedly I do have a lead right foot and live in a hilly area. 

But how are you managing to get 40odd mpg??

Just checked and my long term average on my HDi Berlingo is 35mpg!! Admittedly I do have a lead right foot and live in a hilly area.

no real hypwrmiling techniques beyond using the instant mpg readout to stop me putting on more lead than is needed.

most of my miles are motorway, either slow 10-40mph rush hr or steady 65mph clear runs.

I also find it hard to get good mpg figures. A mate of mine used to get 50mpg in his 110bhp 406 whereas I get 40mpg out of my 90bhp model and I don't thrash it, too much. He did have a longer commute though.

It returned similar mpg with me.  I didn’t trust the trip computer first off so did my own calculations, and I rarely dropped below 38 over the course of a long run.  2.2 litre torque-laden beater in a medium-sized car no doubt helps.  Despite the running 'joke' about Vauxhalls on here I do find most of them frugal old things.  My Cavalier auto often gets 40mpg on a run.

It returned similar mpg with me. I didn’t trust the trip computer first off so did my own calculations, and I rarely dropped below 38 over the course of a long run. 2.2 litre torque-laden beater in a medium-sized car no doubt helps. Despite the running 'joke' about Vauxhalls on here I do find most of them frugal old things. My Cavalier auto often gets 40mpg on a run.

Its just a pity that SRi stands for "Stupor rising intensly"

Its like driving a desk:)

Yo 320 do you want some free Vectra bits? I have a set of rear pads, air filter, headlight, rear parcel shelf and a cassette player? Clearing out my garage and need them out the way.

Ooft-yesh pleesh:)

furryboots ur thee?happy to pop over n collect!

Not much to report on this bugger as yet, still not done the discs as have been out and about a lot this week.

another tank of gogo done, giving 38.9mpg over 444 miles.

mildly annoying just how blandly competent it is!

I reckon I'll try to break it at the weekend for something to do;)

Tried to swap over the discs on the front of this today.

I was late to start, so when the first disc retaining screw decided to strip(despite penetrating oil and a decent tap with a hammer) I decided to sack it off.

luckily the discs seem to have cleaned up ok with the new pads, and very little lip showing, so they'll keep for when I can be arsed to drill out screws..

vX6sD30i.jpg

why can't every car be as simple as a CX to work on?!