Rover 214 Sprint - Now £400 !

Sigmund Fraud

post-17318-0-84622300-1461416461_thumb.jpg

** This lovely car is back on the market, for a fraction of the initial asking price. Check my most recent post for the latest update !!! **

Fleet rationalisation has to continue, so up for sale is my lovely Rover 214 Sprint.

The Sprint was a half-arsed special edition that Rover created to shift their stocks of three-door R8s prior to the launch of the "bubble" R3. It's basically a 214Si, and even badged as such ! This means base model equipment but with the full-fat, 103HP, MPi engine.

This particular car has had an easy life, I bought it in mid-2014 from its second owner, with only 46K miles on the clock. It now has just over 49K miles and has benefitted from a lot of work that has kept it in tip-top shape.

This work includes a new cambelt, tensioner and water pump, fresh oil and coolant, a throttle body clean, new HT leads, a new cat-back exhaust and two new tyres !

As one would expect from its mileage, it drives like a new (old) car. The bodywork is structurally intact and very presentable, though not perfect : it has a couple of minor dents and a few irritating areas of surface rust. The interior is beige-tastic and in excellent shape, complete with the OEM Rover radio-cassette.

The current MoT expires in late July, but the car's overall condition and MoT history suggest that it is unlikely to need much work to pass another one.

This is a reluctant sale, so the price will be fair rather than bargainous : £600 or a very near offer drives it away.

The car is in Andover, North Hampshire and I'm more than happy to collect prospective buyers from the local train or bus station.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP !

As often happens, there's been loads of interest in the Rover but nobody has actually bought it !

So I've continued using it for local* trips... Here it is, waiting for the return ferry after a 700 mile drive around France and Belgium :

post-17318-0-55145000-1468061720_thumb.jpg

As the MoT was running out at the end of this month, I booked it for a test this morning - unsurprisingly, it passed.

So... 50K miles on the odometer, MoT until late July 2017, £600 or near offer.

If anyone wants it, give me a shout.

It will be time to renew tax and insurance at the end of this month, so if it hasn't sold by then it will be staying with me for another year.

• 7 months later...

Right... Recent fleet changes mean that the Rover now needs to go - I am lacking the space to store it and, more importantly, the time to drive it !

Last year, I found out that the market is not ready for a £600 R8, regardless of its rarity and condition. I blame Adam Smith !

A fellow 'shitter can therefore now have the car for £400.

The odometer shows just above 51K miles and the MoT expires in late July.

Roll up, roll up !

Shirley, a fellow shitter could assist with delivery ? Or perhaps more than one shitters ? Could this become the first LIVE AS RELAY mission ?

Anyone interested in doing the thing or taking part in the thing, please put your underpants on over the top of your trousers and report to the front desk. Youve pulled.