Anyone up for a ROFFAL? RENAULT GOONER 2.0 16V, £4.50 STAKE, IT COULD BE YOU

Mr_Bo11ox

Congtats ceri!

Welcome to the elite Laguna owners club!

Guaranteed to be a stress free ownership experience, but strangely satisfying one at that too.

Owning a Gooner is something you can't explain in words and can only be explained by living with one.

Incidentally my 93yr old Grandad (that owns a Laguna II ph1 himself) actually phoned me today to congratulate me on my new car...! He's never really even cared about what car I've ever owned before.

has ceri deleted his account and fled the country yet?

Plans are being formulated, but they don't involve emigration...

When I clocked Ron_Bo11ox was roffling his Laguna, I had to have a punt.  My family have - inexplicably - owned more than our fair share of Renaults over the years, and this one is in Uttoxeter...  I grew up in Uttoxeter, but haven't been back for quite a few years (apparently they have an Asda now and everything).

It almost felt like fate.  So much so that I actually convinced myself I would win.  Then I had a word, and convinced myself that there's no way I would win.

But lo, Wednesday rolled round, and I happened to pick up my phone and tap on autoshite and see the link to the Live Draw, and what do you know, it's only 8:29.  So let's see who's won!  

Well, all I can say is, I understand now how people become addicted to gambling.  I was literally a gibbering wreck for several minutes.  Mrs_WoC was genuinely concerned for my well being and was pulling that face you pull when you think someone's about to break the news of a death in the family.

Fortunately I quickly remembered how to function as an adult human, and even operate a mobile telephone.  So I called Reg_B and intimated - in an over-excited and stammering fashion - that I would be available to collect my 'winnings' this weekend.

Current plan is to take the family to our friends' place in nearby Tutbury for the weekend.  From here my mate Adam can give me a lift to the Bo11ox residence for collection formalities, then later I'll be giving rides up and down the Tutbury bypass to anyone who's remotely interested.  On Sunday I may be enjoying further lottery-winner-style celebrations at a beer festival in Stafford.  So rather a debauched bank holiday, hopefully.

Just getting insurance quotes.  Current best price is over one hundred times what I've paid for the car!

May have to investigate this multicar policy lark.

I insured £8CAR with esure for £200 through one of the comparison sites (parked on the street in town, no claims on the other car etc).

Just getting insurance quotes. Current best price is over one hundred times what I've paid for the car!

May have to investigate this multicar policy lark.

Insurance is just odd. My GL420 (7 seats, 2 turbos, 4 litres, 3 tonnes) cost less than my E220 (5 seats, 1 turbo, 2 litres, 2 tonnes). From the same company, with exactly the same details. Cars almost identical ages.

At £300, I bit their hand off!