Brown Bread Rover 214 SLI - Update: a "miraculous" resurrection!

doubleyeller

Pulling onto the M62, this happened: 

SIIIIZZZZZLLLLEEEE!!      (HGF)  - load of silt in the (empty) coolant bottle, 

post-20279-0-74119200-1461267867_thumb.jpg

It's now dead and will not be mourned. 

Anybody need any parts? Hoping to get a few quid together towards the new shite, don't expect much from the bridge!

Anybody got anything pre - 1995 (for classic insurance purposes) they want to sell? Looks like the 20 won't be on the road any time soon   :mrgreen:

Cheers

Driver's seat and driver's side door lock solenoids are of interest to me as are all the exterior door handles if they're not suffering from lacquer peel.

Drivers door handle is broken, other 3 ok. Laquer peel? Not sure tbh, but will check when light!  Lock on drivers door still working ok, central locking working fine - presume solenoid therefore is ok! Drivers seat all good - I'm in Bradford area. PM me if you want to come over

Thanks for the interest folks - I found a coolant line half hanging off the radiator and secured it with a new jubilee clip. After a new lot of coolant, it has held it's own at 70mph for 80 miles on the A1 - no overheating, engine running fine! Therefore presume HGF diagnosis was incorrect!

Going to resist the urge to break it for now - there aren't many about these days after all!

I'm asking a bargain £300 for it as it has a couple of niggles to sort (or not,depends on your point of view)

Drivers arm rest has damage

22027a874ca8d8a7fbeab77d711f6dbd.jpg

And the headlining is drooping in the back slightly.bit of spray glue should sort it but I don't have any to hand......

Located on the sunny N Staffs /Shropshire border

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk