Server Problems/all sorted

daveb47

Cheers Dave, you're a star as usual.

I've just tried to donate but Paypal keeps giving me a "technical difficulties" error. Are you sure you didn't purloin our new server from their house when they were out? Good work if so. I'll try later when they've fixed their RAM Pack wobble.

All sorted,may be a bit slow etc untill propogation is complete.

New  server is much faster,has

Dual Intel Xeon L5520

(Dual Quad Core w/HT)

24GB DDR3 ECC RAM

1000 GB SATA Hard Drive

1000Mbps Unmetered

Fully ddos protected

Dave, I haven't a clue what all that means, but you have done a great  job in getting AS back into the land of the living. Many thanks :)

Wanted to add my thanks to you Dave. Sterling job.  

If you read topics like that on Mental Health & Well Being you'll see a tiny glimps of how this site (and your dedication) help some of us. It's a great website.. 

When I made a donation I thought of it as if paying subscriptions to a club.  Must admit it's better than most  - Big thanks to everyone who make it so.    8)

Tapatalk should be working now.

Hi Dave

Bit of feedback on Tapatalk for you

It was ok thismorning, but doesn't seem quite right now. Timeline feed isn't working anymore and quotes in posts aren't showing as quotes, just normal text. Previews in posts now show text from post #1 in each thread instead of the most recent one.

Thanks for all your efforts keeping the forum alive.

Superman wears daveb47 pyjamas... (probably beige ones, with bean juice and egg stains down the front 😂)

Cheers

Not had time to find out why,just got up to find board and server has been down for a couple of hours.

restarted server & sorted out corrupted database that was caused by sudden server dropout.

Gonna have words with server hosts as soon as i have had a couple of coffees.

Should not have happened,

Good company with excellent uptime record.

Dave this is unacceptable, on at least 3 occasions this week I have had no option but to actually speak to my wife which is not a pleasant experience at all :-D .

Cheers for all the graft mate it's really appreciated, this is without doubt the finest car forum in existence, i'll chuck a few quid your way when finances allow