1989 'G' Vauxhall Senator 2.5 Auto - £375 - Teesside

JohnK

I've only had this about 3 weeks and I love it, but agreeing to purchase something else in E34 530i form alongside another 2 cars coming in this week, I am rapidly running out of space!

I've been using it pretty much every day and she's not a bad car at all for a cheap Senny...

MOT: November 2016

97k miles

She starts and drives spot on. I've replaced a gearbox switch as I did have a minor FTP the other weekend - I had left it in drive accidentally when I parked it up and when I went back to it the next day and knocked it into Neutral, she refused to start as though she was still in gear. Switch changed and she's been fine since. Autobox works fine with sport mode too.

She's not exactly 'fast' but isn't bad - I floored it up a slip road in Sport mode on Sunday and by the time I was on the dual carriageway I had to hit the outside lane straight away to get past everybody, so for day to day driving she is spot on.

Condition wise she's best described as 'presentable' - she does have some minor spots starting to come through on the bottom of the doors but inside the door shuts, rear arches and front wings are spot on. I do have some pictures of these areas in more detail which I will upload this evening when I get chance.

I've adjusted the exhaust as it was hitting against something on collection, it's better but still not perfect - some of the rubbers were shot though so I will pick some up from my local motorfactor and see if I can improve that before it is sold.

The radio currently doesn't work - the head unit is knackered but I have plenty of old crap kicking about that I can throw in if needed.

It has absolutely shedloads of service history with it for all sorts of work over the years.

Typical early 90's Vauxhall it has a number of keys - one for the doors, one for the ignition and another for the fuel cap.

I want £375 for her which covers what I paid for her 3 weeks ago.

Strictly no part ex offers despite the usual temptation I get - I genuinely do need the space for this 530i, if I had somewhere else to keep it , she would be staying

809D9153-1916-4FF9-A248-68D6FFC9011F_zps

FAEB4236-B4EA-45D1-9FEB-4E1EB48BAC46_zps

72BB1B22-16A1-42CB-8FE3-0B9BD099DA93_zps

C4FC1DC5-1915-4A88-BD38-1CA4F61AB1ED_zps

0053CBB4-3A4C-42AF-8DC9-0886E5C97AF8_zps

E78A49EF-5CCB-41BF-9E7D-5CE27D1F8722_zps

84C1581C-9AD2-4129-B2C5-8D1E2D9DF0DE_zps

Adding a touch of class!

09C30643-9D63-4F2C-B3D6-D9A8E0C2B466_zps

I wonder if this would still confuse fat angry 50 year old sales executives into thinking its a 'motorway interceptor' driven by PC Dazza, and they have time travelled (somehow) to the year 1992?

What is the MPG like? What is the delivery option?

MPG I will guess as mid 20's ish. If I get the alternator back for my Transit Beavertail in the next few days then I can either deliver it that way, or it can be driven to the new owner for fuel + return ticket home.

Did this old smoker start life down Devon way? I'm sure I've seen it around here.

I believe it did - It has been in Hull, East Yorks since 2013 when the previous owner had it, but he did tell me a story about having to go all the way down to the South Coast to collect it.