Ford Ka 'posh' model

Cavcraft

2002 Ka with the Endura E engine (thanks, Ian!)

MOT is I think 10 months, possibly 11.

Taxed to get you home M8

Leather interior!

Quite snazzy 14" alloys, unsure if Ford or aftermarket but do look quite good.

81,000 miles (will double check)

Bodywork pretty good (better than average I suppose, considering it's a Ka)

A smidgeon of rust by filler cap, a weird sort of dent (with rust) on boot and probably some other dings etc, will have a better look L8R and report back.

Main problem is the inlet manifold is leaking (water) which according to an internet search is a common problem. I have no idea how long it could be driven for, so make no promises or suggestions on that score.  

Ford Ka.jpg

Ford ka2.jpg

(pictures taken when last owner bought it)

What are these things worth? F*ck knows, but I would think a fair bit more than my Autoshite one-off-special-offer-buy-now-to-ensure-disappointment price of just* £155.10.

I'm in Chester near the M53, railway station and zoo, so you could have a day out looking at large animals pissing themselves, then try and drive home in a small car pissing itself. WCPGW?

*Edit if anyone near Andover wants it and is planning to trailer it home I'll knock a few quid off if you can pick that Mazda MX5 up that Sigmund Fraud is selling and bring it here!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

When I first saw what you can see in the last picture,  I thought it was some bizarre 'repair' then I worked out it's only a heat shield so wouldn't need fixing. Then I noticed the screen wash compartment had no lid and worked out the rest.

*Edit: it's done 87,000 NOT 81,000 miles and I don't know (or care) where the bonnet prop is supposed to go, so I'v just inserted it into a random hole (ooh err matron) and it works so knackers to it.

Admit it, you love it really.  Looks relatively tidy, I do like these, the styling is spot-on and they're fun little roller skates to zip around in.  I always thought they would have been better though with the 1.25 Zetec engine rather than the ancient, wheezy Endura 1.3, perhaps they couldn't make it fit.

A major plus for the Endura is no cam belt. Had one in a Fiesta Finesse bought new in 2000, currently about 80,000 miles and no problems with the engine to date.

The mot history looks good apart from an advisory re floor pan corrosion in 2012, mot expires 17-3-2017.

If it was closer I'd buy it.

A major plus for the Endura is no cam belt. Had one in a Fiesta Finesse bought new in 2000, currently about 80,000 miles and no problems with the engine to date.

The mot history looks good apart from an advisory re floor pan corrosion in 2012, mot expires 17-3-2016.

If it was closer I'd buy it.

???

MOT 11th March 2017.

If I haven't got my Corsa fixed by the time winter comes again I'll definitely be giving you a shout.

I would 100% consider one of these as a runaround too.

This one looks in good nick too. Luxury models all had colour coded bumpers, wondering if someone else got the interior and wheels from said model for this at some point in its life.

Cracking price and amazingly rust-free (it's relative in Ka terms) petrol cap surround. These are a riot with a 2.0 Zetec under the bonnet.

As said, the alloys are standard for the "luxury" model as is the air-con, cd-player and colour coded mirrors - I reckon a previous owner was the UK No1 Nudge Parking champion and hence changed the colour coded bumpers for the black plastic ones. Anyway enough rambling, GLWTS. If I weren't already occupying 4 parking spaces outside the house and I'd given up on life then I'd have taken it

I always thought they would have been better though with the 1.25 Zetec engine rather than the ancient, wheezy Endura 1.3, perhaps they couldn't make it fit.

I'm pretty sure the Zetec was too tall to fit.  The Ka was originally designed for the Orbital 2-stroke, and when that got canned the old pushrod Cortina engine was the only thing Ford had that was low enough to fit under the bonnet.

Guest bangerfan101

Endura engines just an updated old xflow. Even an xflow manifold will fit for carbing purposes ;)

The endura in my ka took every bit of been wragged every where in the 12 month I had it.

Rattley chain but who cares. They don't drink a gallon of oil a week like a 100k zetec with worn rings

• 2 weeks later...

Any interest or offers before I set fire to it or something? I'd consider a swap for something (really) like a decent pushbike. It'll need to be trailered or A-framed or something if you're going more than a handful of miles I reckon due to water leak. 

re-post...........

I always thought they would have been better though with the 1.25 Zetec engine rather than the ancient, wheezy Endura 1.3, perhaps they couldn't make it fit.

I'm pretty sure the Zetec was too tall to fit.  The Ka was originally designed for the Orbital 2-stroke, and when that got canned the old pushrod Cortina engine was the only thing Ford had that was low enough to fit under the bonnet.

I was a suppliers rep at Ford Dunton back then.

The Ka was supposed to have a 1.05 litre 3 cyl. Zetec engine, most of the early prototypes had this and by all accounts it was a cracker.

But it got canned for being too expensive.