If this is 'the future'....

pogweasel

... I'm happy living in the past.

Posted Image

Browsing the 'Hammond' column of the Mirror this morning I noted that this hideous device has just been given the nod for sale in the UK.

Apparently it's a Zap Xebra, electric powered um, THING.

Not enough wheels, looks like a shoe, 88 different flavours of wrongness!!!

At least it will give beardy Mr Twits and odd-ball pidgeon fanciers something to bodge with wood-screws in place of a Reliant Robin.

URGH!

horrible! I'm on the transport design course at cov uni, quite a few students are working on electric city cars most look pretty good. Problem is if you make tham look like normal cars you wont be able to show off to every one that you are saving the planet etc :wink::lol:

Posted Image

Surely no credible car manufacturer would design doors with such thick window surrounds as those. I say they were custom designed for this application by the skilled engineers of 'The Hwung Leng 741862 car door manufacturing works' of Guangzhou province, Peoples Republic of China.

Kudos to the first person who can work out which parts bin the side doors have been lifted from. My guess of Fiat Punto mk2 proved to be a little wide of the mark

I thought perhaps the Dacia Logan, but the leading edge of the front door is a bit different. And trailing edge of rear door more rounded? And handle positions differ. Similar though!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am gobsmacked at the level of bullshit on Zap's website. Their "other cars", none of which actually seem to exist have some outrageous claims like the Zap-X...

ZAP has announced with Lotus Engineering the development of the new ZAP-X Crossover, incorporating distinct technological advancements that will result in one of the most advanced electric cars ever developed. ZAP and Lotus are utilizing the award-winning APX lightweight aluminum architecture design to achieve unprecedented levels of performance and utility for electric cars. The drive system alone is enough to excite driving fanatics, featuring an innovative all-wheel drive option with revolutionary electric motors inside each of the wheels, potentially delivering 644 horsepower and speeds up to 155mph. An advanced battery system will enable the car to travel a range up to 350 miles between charges, with a rapid charge technology that can recharge the batteries in as little as 10 minutes.

Yet they can't make a poxy three wheeler that can do more than 25 miles after a 5 hour charge? Enfield Electrics could do that 30 years ago.

Prepare yourself for a whole new driving experience. Xebra Truck's do not attempt to behave like other vehicles

Posted Image

For one, you can get f'all in them, for two, you can go nowhere without a bastard long extension lead, for three they have the evil eye.....

Red Ken, you deserve to have your manhood fester but never drop off for bringing about the invention of such henious things. I would rather insert tampax up my nose than drive that^^^^

Hahaha! Always makes me laugh when they say about how clean something is because it is electric. That's right folks, instead of using modern unleaded fuel, your car will now be driven by the coal-fired furnace of Ferrybridge C Power Station..... utter madness!

If you were to buy one with all the options it'd cost well over £13,000!!

WHAT!????Right, so I'm a "bad person". My mileage is like 3000 a year. So even if I choose to do that in a 19-year old, recycled 25mpg BMW silky six, that makes me SATAN INCARNTE, yes?

At least everyone on here can sleep soundly in their beds with the knowledge that keeping older cars running and not buying a branny every couple of years does less harm to the planet.The hardest part is trying to convince all the other numpties who believe everything the manufacturers and government tell them :roll: