Toyota MR2 Mk1a 1985 for resto spares/repairs £295 west Yorks

reanimation-films

Losing storage again so letting one go...

MK1a MR2

Mileage: 136K

MOT: None

Pics: Below, more on request

Price: £295 for quick sale

Contact details: PM

DSC04959.jpg

DSC04957.jpg

DSC04958.jpg

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04975.jpg

Small Mid engine 2 seat RWD sports car with 80’s styling inside and out, they are great fun to drive. 1600 fuel injected engine and well equipped with mod cons for it’s age.

An original example of the earliest MR2, the MK1a, these early cars have many unique pure features compared to the MK1b, such as black square bumpers, no side skirts, metal frame steering wheel plus interior and exterior classic touches such as air vents and door cards with window motor circles. These features show off the original pure design, before body kits and colour coding got popular.

DSC04978.jpg

DSC04980.jpg

DSC04984.jpg

DSC04983.jpg

DSC04982.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

When I bought the MR2, it apparently had a failed head gasket, although it did still run and drive ok. The body had had bits of typical-MR2 rust panel repairs to a decent standard. It needed a few other bits, such as spots on A pillar and top of windscreen. Otherwise a tidy MR2 for it’s age.

I’ve had it in storage for several years, and having lost storage again I have decided to sell and give opportunity to restore it to a new owner. Obviously it will need strip and welding of panels such as sill and other bits, however It still looks great and restorable, even the pop up head lights pop up fine, unlike the last MK1b I restored.

DSC04976.jpg

DSC04979.jpg

DSC04987.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

DSC04963.jpg

DSC04970.jpg

DSC04968.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

DSC04966.jpg

DSC04964.jpg

DSC04961.jpg

I put a gallon of fuel in hoping it will start again, It wasn’t sparking possibly damp plugs, I didn’t investigate further, but the engine still spins freely on the starter and the dash lights come on fine, with a Head gasket repair and rebuild it could be a good revvy little engine again or fit another 4A-GE, or a popular Mk2 Turbo engine or v6 conversion for supercar like performance!

Naturally brakes have oxidized but it does roll freely now, obviously other parts may need reconditioning.

The interior is good, just needs a valet clean and a little TLC. Being a sunroof model, there are no visible leaks or damp (unlike my old T bar MK1b)! There is just a piece of trim missing on the trans tunnel console, see pic

There are spots of visible rust on the sill and rear valance and other usual places. Please study the pictures. I restored a Mk1b that had been left and was going to do it again but my circumstances have changed and lost storage so it is up for sale, would make a great project for restoration or modification, or even for rare spares though that would be a shame for this survivor.

Offered for restoration/spares or repairs at £500.

Battery pictured not included. Wiper arms and boot trim missing poss other little bits.

Key, and V5 in my name.

Looking for a quick genuine sale to an enthusiast. It will definitely need putting on a transporter or trailer.

Please no scammers, or tyre kicker or dreamers.

Any questions please ask.

I would say the price isn't too bad if the grot isn't terminal. Will need a bit spending on it though although parts prices not too bad. Can't be that many mk1a's around now? Love the futuristic shape particularly of the mk1a. Fun project for someone! GLWTS.

Thanks, I did it once with an abandoned mk1b took a bit of work, new discs, bits of panels welded in etc. I bought this to replace it after a little break. Loved the early features and a sunroof over leaky flexy t top. Life and other cars got in the way, sensible head on. Price seems fair. Flexibility will depend on buyer...

I emailed him a copy of your first post.

Do not hold your breath as the words he used were not erm very positive.

Thanks New POD, When you mentioned sending to a friend, I figured their expectations would be high. This car needs a restoration, some work and some parts from an enthusiast. It would be worth it in the end.

In the words of Blue Peter, Here's one I did earlier, It had been left under a tree for many years:

enginesmall.jpg

rearsmall.jpg

Alive.jpg

DSCF0685.jpg

And after

STA40805.jpg

STA40809.jpg

STA40807.jpg