Veggie 205 with MOT to September £300 (fixed and for sale again!)

timolloyd

Deja vu...I advertised this a few weeks back and had a buyer within minutes. Then the alternator packed up. I've swapped in a replacement, and fitted a new alternator belt at the same time.

Same info as below. I *really* want this to go to a good home.

I'm selling my 1993 205 diesel.

I'm desperate for it to go to a good home and ideally a shiter. This place feels like the right home for such a wonderfully basic and cheap car.

This is the second I've owned, and they have helped lift me from the badlands of how-new-is-your-reg and how-many-extras, to the sunlit lanes of shitedom. I'm only selling Patrice (as he's affectionately known), because I have other chod to worry about.

I paid a bit over the odds for him two years ago, when we needed a cheap-to-insure commuter. However, I was taken by how clean the car was (and still is), and lots of evidence of regular maintenance. 150k on the clock.

He comes with some provenance as well: a sticker I found under the dashboard saying he was built in Dieppe, 4.30 on a Friday afternoon...hmmm.

The good bits:

• MOT to end of September
  • New battery and starter motor last year
  • Fully stamped biffer record book and receipts for the various bits I've done (including an oil change about 7k miles ago)
  • Two new front tyres with about 2k miles on them
  • Remaining tyres good, including the spare
  • Vegetarian
  • Everything works*

Bad bits:

• Original Pug radio/cassette doesn't work
  • Clonking noise from front o/s - suspect bush or damper (but passed latest MOT like this)
  • The heater fan can be turned up/down but the temperature knob has fallen off, meaning the heater, when it's on, is stuck to maximum heat. Brittle French plastic means this is a tricky fix. I'm not going to lie.
  • Latest MOT advised tyres (done), rear brake pipes and front discs. However, I suspect these will go at least another year depending on mileage.
  • It's a very basic Pug. There are zero extras, apart from the sunroof and a passenger door mirror. And I suspect these were after-market.

I've completed regular round trips of 100 miles + and it bumbles along the main roads and motorway at 65mph, no problem. I've calculated a true 56mpg.

Patrice has been garaged most of his life, including with me.

I need £300 for it. And, I'm so confident in the car, and keen for it to go to a new home, that I'll deliver for the cost of fuel and a return train ticket. (I'll do a thread too, obvs). 

Will consider p/x for something interesting but no BEST PRICE 2NITE M8

post-20091-0-19053800-1460306269_thumb.jpgpost-20091-0-29510600-1460306286_thumb.jpgpost-20091-0-03899900-1460306281_thumb.jpgpost-20091-0-24302900-1460306274_thumb.jpg

Jeez, nearly 45 mins and this hasn't sold yet? I'd have thought this would have gone as soon  as the digital ink was dry on the ad. 

Seriously though, I doubt that there will be any issues with passing this on to another custodian.

Most excellent, or should that be moist excellent. 

Fab!

What's the deal with the heater being hard to do?

It's probably not hard to do, but I think requires pulling a substantial chunk of dashboard out, in order to replace some fiddly bits of plastic. I set it to max heat for Winter defrosting duties, and now realise that's less helpful in Spring!

• 4 weeks later...