Renault Twingo, Purchased

stephen01

I'm in France working atm, there's loads of chod around, best spot so far is a early Renault 5 turbo, looking very nice in the sun outside a window showroom. pity I'm driving most of the time otherwise my phone would be full of pics! Anyway, this trip has reignited my love for the classic Renault Twingos. (mainly because they are everywhere!)  I have zero budget and no room for one but would love your for sale posts, and suggestions. location wise, erm I'd pick one up from France, currently in Le Mathes approx. 160KM from Bordeaux -  I know we have some French shitters so could well be up for a euro collection fred.

I'm just about to set off on a cycle ride to the beach on my £10 mountain bike I picked up off facebook. :) looking forward to suggestions!

• 1 month later...

Here's mine. An early 93, in pretty reasonable nick.

post-758-0-42731400-1466146818_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-29571400-1466146846_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-05627800-1466146869_thumb.jpeg

It's cheap, economical, easy to run and predominantly rust free, although it does have a couple of strange scabs in weird places.

I find it a joy to drive, when able. Currently doing sterling service in sunny Belgie (not!) I've a nice set of alloys and several other bits to do so might haul it across to the Uk soon.

If you are local to the south coast, you'll be welcome to give it a try..

• 10 months later...

Yup:  as he says ^^    both my front strut springs broken, but was passed on MOT

by previous owner, Wuvvum, of this parish !

Great little cars though, I love the quirky but practical design, I think the earlier R5

versions would be the better choice, personally; mine was a '98 with the D7F motor,

full length canvas sunroof, which I am told, fit straight into a R4 in France, so a lot are

broken just for the sunroof over there....

Regret selling it, but had to make way for a corvette roadster ......   :shock: