2008 Piaggio Xevo400ie scooter

strangeangel

Haven't used this for ages so it needs to go...

It runs and rides well, and comes with both keys and lots of service history. Mileage is approx 36000 (shown as 59000km). It's got the Shad tilting top box so you can still open and use the rear boot as well as the large under seat storage. There's a owner's manual, workshop manual on CD and a variator locking tool (for changing the belt) included with it too.

MOT is up early July; it was only when I looked at that I realised how little I'd been using it! Duing my stewardship it's had new tyres (only a couple of hundred miles on them) and new rear shocks when one carked it. The only thing I can think it would need for its next test is the O/S fork seal replacing, as it appears to be leaking.

Appearance wise it's OK, if not great. The last owner had a low speed drop on the ice and cheese-gratered the O/S somewhat. I've tidied it up as best I could and sprayed it satin black.

Surprisingly all the electrical stuff works, including the remote seat and boot release!

I went touring round Catalonia and the Pyrenees on it last April, and it was great; it's as good at touring as it is in town. If you don't go mad with the throttle (I don't, and it's not the sort of thing you'd buy for thrashing anyway) it is surprisingly economical. On one trip to North Wales I got 85mpg trundling along at 65-70. If I was going on another big tour this year I'd keep it, but the furthest I'm going is Normandy, which one of my 250s can handle.

Anyway, here's the pictures:

DSC01227_zpsoo3xtswn.jpg

DSC01228_zpstvj3ks0b.jpg

DSC01229_zpsw3dcbjhi.jpg

DSC01230_zpspwnuqwrk.jpg

DSC01231_zpsqgdg1lws.jpg

DSC01232_zps5en07280.jpg

DSC01233_zpsfcjqhbsu.jpg

DSC01234_zpsl7lb4wl5.jpg

DSC01235_zpsgnn7heem.jpg

DSC01236_zpsblqumbuy.jpg

IMG_0671_zpssezgq5g3.jpg

NOW SOLD!

Is that the 400 single in that?  I had a Piaggio X9 with that engine a few years back - lovely thing to ride, ever so comfortable, and quick enough 99% of the time, with the added bonus that you could just whack the throttle open in pretty much any road conditions without a second thought. 

Bollocks - missed that one.

Im loving the bumflan maxi-scooteped but feel like someting a wee bit bigger for longer trips - going from Preston to Borwick is pretty much the limit of the distance I want to go in the M6 with it and later in the yeaf I fancy a trip to Brizzle on it - but riding with the throttle fully open all that way might not be good for its health.

^^^ I'm taking my 125 Yamaha Vity to Czech Republic next month. Will be a bit different from doing it on my 1200 Guzzi. I do use it the odd day for the 120mile commute to and from work. Does seem a bit cruel to it going flat out for 80%of the commute.

• 2 weeks later...