Scirocco finished..hurrah

omegod

After far too many hours this is now as finished as it is going to get, was absolutely minging when I got it. Interior was totally stripped, one seat recovered , full service and repair to any faults found, carb replaced and fuck me the paintwork was a ball ache! May not look too different but there's been plenty of blood spilt . It's now for sale if anyone is hankering for one of these 

Before  

9CF62040-CCD6-4688-BC9A-7B5A2439D437_zps

After

post-19668-0-10924300-1460215570_thumb.jpg

post-19668-0-65281500-1460215587_thumb.jpg

post-19668-0-53198700-1460215605_thumb.jpg

post-19668-0-73213000-1460215623_thumb.jpg

post-19668-0-18833400-1460215642_thumb.jpg

Nicely done.

I like these and feel bad about scrapping the 1.6 GT I had a few years ago, although it was shagged and there was a DVLA SNAFU that basically prevented it returning to the road. (Don't ask, it brings me out in sweats just to think about it.)

Mrs S does not share my fondness for them, however, and she wears the trousers. So GLWTS.

Great job, another bonus is that these seem to have escaped the scene crowd. No idea of value but hope you get the good price it deserves.

I'm going to try my hand on mong bay at £1495 Ono as they are on the up lately, strong money for here I appreciate but just wanted to show it off a bit after all the graft. Struggled getting some of the parts as they are getting quite scarce

I'm going to try my hand on mong bay at £1495 Ono as they are on the up lately, strong money for here I appreciate but just wanted to show it off a bit after all the graft. Struggled getting some of the parts as they are getting quite scarce

Well it looks a £3.5k motor to me.

Smart, definite encouragement to get mine going. If you need any trim bits I've got a few tucked away in my cellar.

Where did you get the eyebrow spoiler and grill? That's definitely an aftermarket exhaust too?

I would go £1.5-2k and advertise it's mechanically sorted. Definitely think they're on the up. Don't seem to see the £300 scrappers on eBay anymore, I guess the uncared for ones have rotted away. Or I'll keep telling myself that.

Smart, definite encouragement to get mine going. If you need any trim bits I've got a few tucked away in my cellar.

Where did you get the eyebrow spoiler and grill? That's definitely an aftermarket exhaust too?

I would go £1.5-2k and advertise it's mechanically sorted. Definitely think they're on the up. Don't seem to see the £300 scrappers on eBay anymore, I guess the uncared for ones have rotted away. Or I'll keep telling myself that.

NOW YOU TELL ME  :-D  I wasn't able to find a 5 spd gearknob so if there is one tucked away let me know,  All the extra bit's were added by the late owner along with some dubious bit's I've now removed, wheels are OZ and are growing on me, the exhaust is not too loud. I bought it off his widow after it had sat for 7 months and have promised to take it round to show her now it's done.

wasn't able to find a 5 spd gearknob so if there is one tucked away let me know

Is it the plastic ones, or the leather ones?? I broke a low mileage (38K miles) GTX rocco years ago; the linkage etc is still about; all the mechanicals were destined for my bro's mk1 cabby, but he still hasn't fitted the lot yet... anyways I have a few (somewhere) the mk1 golf  plastic ones... and a few mk2 golf/b3 Passat leather clad ones... they shouldn't be that hard to find...

...if ye want I can have a dig about in boxes...

the scirocco looks good BTW - Id say a huge no' of these were bummed for their big dive shafts, for mk1 golf conversions,  n other bits, so harder to get a decent one, n prices rising.....

I'll have a nose, but think I sold the knob I had off a breaker last year.

Sounds like the chaps above may have better leads. Saw your post on the Scirocco Register too, have you tried those chaps?

Agree with the Oz alloys, not too OTT, and slightly retro 90s. Can't imagine they do the ride any good?