NORTHERN POWERHOUSE Classic - 7ish PM TONIGHT Tuesday 4th July @ Glossop

Dave_Q

Round here you get large variations in weather over a fairly short distance. Here in Huddersfield its light rain/sleet but my wife has just told me it's hoying it down with snow over in Middleton about 20 miles away.

I will be there unless somehow it snows enough to close the road over Holme Moss.

AlabamaShrimp, I was thinking this could be a monthly meet if people are up for it so we'll see you next time.

Good news, if the outsides a bit grim we can always retire to the wetherspoons for a glass of diet coke.

I am definitely gonna be late, probably 8-8.30, Cleon-Fonte can you PM me your number please just in case I can't find you.

As normal Wakefield weather has been different to every where else. It's raining now and has been on and off all afternoon pretty heavy.

Dave I'm up for it being monthly and will definitely try to make it to the next one. You going for different places/times or just seeing how it goes?

Am up for other places, I'm not the boss or anything I just suggested Glossop as it's a nice drive for me.

Open to suggestions for anywhere else, I'm not a native so don't know the leeds/wakey/cleckhuddersfax area that well tbh.

I'm back home now, was a pleasure to meet everyone.

Not sure why but Cleon-Fonte decided to change his fuel filter while we were there.

This caused scenes including:

post-17573-0-03636000-1461880742_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-93230300-1461880774_thumb.jpg

Ultimately the filter was not changed and the car wouldn't go afterwards. I left just before 10 with the plan being, I believe, to call the RAC.

Anyone still there for a LIVE UPDATE?

Ghosty, I'm guessing you didn't actually head down because weather, but we thought you said you did, so pls respond and confirm aliveness at your earliest convenience.

Happier times:

post-20075-0-15709200-1461883287_thumb.jpg

A bad photo of slightly less happy times, about 20 minutes ago in downtown Glossop:

post-20075-0-20009100-1461883328_thumb.jpg

It turns out that an impromptu fuel filter change is not a good idea if 1. the previous clot owner has tightened the fuel filter housing cap on so tight that there's no hope of ever getting it off again, 2. the weather's like it has been tonight and 3. the current clot owner stamps on said fuel filter housing in an attempt to lever the cap off with his foot.

Thanks to all those involved tonight, it was good fun even if it had tragic consequences. Particular thanks to Bub, Junkman and Conel D. Conelrad for making what could have been a miserable wait for the RAC quite entertaining.

As an aside: Ghosty, are you there?

There was a quite inspired discussion whether Ghosty actually exists or not.

I.e. whether he is actually human, or Ectoplasm.

Speaking of which, the haunted Rover and I made it home alright, despite there has been a motor accident on the A626, which caused a temporary road blockage.

All in all, it was a really nice evening, with pretty much every ingredient you'd expect from a Shiters' gathering.

Must be repeated.

As for the weather:

f6b859956f6a40ec0d63b263012b6966.jpg

Now that everyone is at least home, if not fixed, attention can turn to the next one.

Provisionally Thursday 26th May 7pm, same place, market car park Glossop.

As suggested by AlabamaShrimp we could consider different venues so open to suggestions there.

Saying that, Glossop does have the main requirements covered i.e. a free, fairly quiet car park and an acceptably priced and adequately comfortable food/drink hole.