NORTHERN POWERHOUSE Classic - 7ish PM TONIGHT Tuesday 4th July @ Glossop

Dave_Q

It was indeed. A fine evening, including some classic French and English excursions. Thanks to Squire Dawson for a most edifying spin in his Allegro and to Cleon Fonte for proving that not all Vauxhalls are shite - some even deserve a little detailing...

Moar tractors too please!

Because Issigonnaworkmoulton?

I guess!...

Tbh I haven't ridden in a hydrolastic BL anything since about 1988, so aside from a handful of green blooded Citroens, every other car since has been working to make me inured to the 'modern ride' and the various medical conditions that result from repeated shocks to the hips, wrists and spine. Meanwhile Cheshire's roads are well on their way to the smoothness of a medieval turnpike, so navigating them with 17" alloys and 35mm thick bands of rubber is not working for me.

You'll get no argument from me on that matter! However, I am at present embarrassed in the respect of suspension - none of my three* have any, not even in the front. And I don't see why I should have to change this...

* Holdsworth TriathElan with Tange and FujiVX (?) changers. Can't remember what the rims are.

Saracen Special Edition with whatever they had in the parts bins they wanted shot of.

Dahon folder. Most recent addition. Bought. Lubed. Mothballed.

• 3 weeks later...

Alas, I definitely have my priorities all wrong, and will be in south wales doing some work. Still, money makes the chod get fixed.

I aim to have passed the party bag from Lankytim to the GGG at Chimchimineychimchimcheree so Dave Q still gets them in Glossop.

This post was brought to you by the I in Dick Van Dyke and the A in Mary Poppins.post-19003-15354596807862.jpg