NORTHERN POWERHOUSE Classic - 7ish PM TONIGHT Tuesday 4th July @ Glossop

Dave_Q

This is the episode of Payne, the American remake of Fawlty Towers, I referenced at length:

The American equivalent of a Morris 1100 turns out to be a Mercedes W114:

post-17021-0-98032800-1543972835_thumb.jpg

...and this is the American equivalent of hitting a car with a tree branch. 

post-17021-0-78478800-1543972839_thumb.jpg

If you're thinking "well, that's kinda missing the point of the tree branch bit", then please watch the series so you can see every single joke from Fawlty Towers re-made but worse. 

Yes, I don't like my beef still breathing, like the English do.

Croissants should generally be avoided, but if need really be, only eaten in France, although I understand the difficulty in obtaining them there.

They require nothing but "une noisette", preferably without sugar.

When in Belgium, however, I'd prefer something proper to eat, which is readily available there.

Yes, I don't like my beef still breathing, like the English do.

Croissants should generally be avoided, but if need really be, only eaten in France, although I understand the difficulty in obtaining them there.

They require nothing but "une noisette", preferably without sugar.

When in Belgium, however, I'd prefer something proper to eat, which is readily available there.

I’ve eaten German/Austrian food. Schnitzel, sauerkraut, Knudel, alles mit fleisch, chips, mayofuckingnaise. Even Germans don’t eat German food given an alternative.

“An army marches on its stomach, which is why we invaded France in 1940. Pass Le Beure Mon Ami”

Erwin Rommel.

I’ve eaten German/Austrian food. Schnitzel, sauerkraut, Knudel, alles mit fleisch, chips, mayofuckingnaise. Even Germans don’t eat German food given an alternative.

“An army marches on its stomach, which is why we invaded France in 1940. Pass Le Beure Mon Ami”

Erwin Rommel.

There is more chance of finding a place to eat in the middle of a Russian winter after a scorched earth policy than in france at a mealtime.

• 2 weeks later...