NORTHERN POWERHOUSE Classic - 7ish PM TONIGHT Tuesday 4th July @ Glossop

Dave_Q

Trike off road at the minute. And you can be knackered if you think I'm going up snake pass or cat and fiddle without a full Siberian outfit! The heaters aren't too grand

Wuss!

I have no idea of the precise location of this event but it seems I will be travelling back north and can be glossopish around 7 tomorrow.

As I’m in Hoolis (ok, mine now) SAAB, I’ll probably need to stop to allow the heater to start blowing warm again by then.

Any more specific details are welcome otherwise I’ll just kerb crawl around glossop looking for chod*

*autocorrect to make chod into child, good luck explaining that post away to the authorities...

Could I also ask a favour at this...I have to collect something from a barn down south on Wednesday and although I’m taking a 10mm spanner for the battery I’m not sure I possess the requisite balls of steel to go down there and hope that will be sufficient to start something in a barn 250 miles from my home address...

Does anyone fancy lending me a magic jump starter type device in case of woes?

Must be light enough to not kill me walking round London with it :)

Obliged in advance.

As I’m in Hoolis (ok, mine now) SAAB, I’ll probably need to stop to allow the heater to start blowing warm again by then.

You'll be warm. It only goes cold in town or slow moving traffic.

Good to see all who turned out. Many laughs were had.

But I must remember in future to limit myself to one mug of coffee, notwithstanding that this defeats the point of free refills. The reason? I felt decidedly queasy on the journey home, just through having consumed two lattes. Plus I now cannot sleep.

I did however derive a modicum of entertainment from the repeated failure of the new female barsteward to draw beer without creating more head than liquid*, despite the efforts of her colleagues to school her in this matter.

*This, sadly, is not a euphemism.

Sorry I had to leave early, I was struggling to stay awake chaps. That's what sleepless nights do for you at my age, Good to see you all though.. I'm already in Leeds for the 9am start here, it's just easier to get here in the damn traffic. Jag appears to have climbed over 24mpg on the run too, which seems bloody good to me considering all the traffic & the adequate* sized engine. FIlling up over there at just* £1.22 felt cheap, I miss the days of 54p when I started driving.

I didn't realise it was our favourite scowling harridan at first, she looks different when she smiles. Food was amazingly quick & seemed better cooked too which was nice.

She's been 'promoted'. She'd just turned 18 so was able to serve drinks and so on, and admitted when probed that she hated serving tables. 

She's ok really. 

The drive home across the Pass Of Death was lively. Freshly rained on so it was a bit slippy plus sheep wandering out in the roads, in the dark. A nice steady 50 all the way back.

The food was very good indeed. Spoons 4 eva

• 3 weeks later...