Christina's uhh.. collection...

ChristinaGXL

Pete C up in Lancashire seems to be cornering the market in Mk3 Tina GXL's, been watching his builds on youtube, not bad, but can do without the air guitar bits. Top fleet there BTW, rare to see a non gaffertape Mk2 Mondeo

Crikey! That's an astonishing collection. Though the mix of conventional and aero blades on the Mondeo is doing strange things to my brain. The Cavalier is absolutely remarkable though. Well saved.

Please ignore any slightly creepy comments. We usually manage to scare female autoshiters away, with a couple of exceptions. 

Pete C up in Lancashire seems to be cornering the market in Mk3 Tina GXL's, been watching his builds on youtube, not bad, but can do without the air guitar bits. Top fleet there BTW, rare to see a non gaffertape Mk2 Mondeo

Haha yes he's not far from here, I've seen his cars in person they are impeccable. 

Welcome along!  Don't worry about the mods on your cars, most of us can/will/have done stuff, we're not rivet counters!

How much for the Cav?

Well that's good! I'm hoping to get close to £500 for the cavalier, it'll cover the transport for the Taunus and leave a little leftover.

Crikey! That's an astonishing collection. Though the mix of conventional and aero blades on the Mondeo is doing strange things to my brain. The Cavalier is absolutely remarkable though. Well saved.

Please ignore any slightly creepy comments. We usually manage to scare female autoshiters away, with a couple of exceptions. 

I've hated those aeroblades for about forever. Only on there by necessity :( They need replacing. I was given a NOS motorcraft mondeo branded wiper blade so I had to fit it, even though it's not much better. I guess 16+ year old rubber has gone a little dicky.

Oh yes I'll be taking a few cars back there! It's the Triad building on top of the strand shopping centre in Bootle. Pure 70s It'll be perfect. I just about remember the original multi storey car park in the same grotesque concrete style, It used to terrify me as the lift was tiny and noisy and had a window for some odd reason. It was creepy. Was demolished when I was 4 so must have been a powerful memory. I remember being in my dads mk2 cavalier on the very top. Buildings like that used to be everywhere but are slowly disappearing. The royal liverpool hospital is the same. I love the style now though. So hideous :P 

I have fond memories of the Cortina.

If our family shite of choice back in the day - Allegro, Morris 1800, Mini or Hillman Imp - FTP en route to a holiday destination we would hire a car, last minute kinda thing.

Invariably, the hire car was a lovely new Cortina.

I particularly remember a gorgeous yellow mark three and a couple of mark4/5s in sales rep red.

I have a T-shirt for [watching] metal being re-inserted into our Mk3. 'Squeezy bottle/fire extinguisher Hons.' ;)

Featured in the Arena 'Secret life...', me in boiler suit on the rear brakes.

Hows about a piccie? YOU standing by drivers door in overalls/flash mask + a lardy auto$hiter smeared alluringly* across the bonnet.

Strap line "With one of these*... I can get any amount of them!"

*..meaning Cortina Mk3

TS

Thanks for the welcomes :) 

I'll get some interior pics of the mondeo when it's been cleaned out, it's a bit of a tip in there at the moment. Also the mk3 has no interior at the moment, and the Taunus is in scotland so can't get any of that. But here's the cav, I have no idea how this has happened in 43k miles. Poor materials? 

It's a really nicely designed interior, the car is surprisingly small though, a fair bit smaller than the cortina. I'm pretty tall and I find it's a little too small for me. Pedals are a little too close.

8z7ofco.jpg?1

hrjQBXX.jpg?1