9-3 Convertable for Roffel!!!

Robson3022

Is the roof electric or hydraulic? - The electric ones are notorious for shredding gears and being a sod to set up...microswitches everywhere. Also, have you tried lowering the hood or are you taking the sellers word for it?, as the electric ones don't operate manually.

It's a 9-3 so the roof is hydraulic and they are about as tempremental as the electric ones in the 900ng were just without the gears to shred.

@Robson3022 If you need any bits let me know as I broke a '99 9-3 recently and still have a fair few bits kicking around. I'm pretty sure I've got a standard airbox in the shed you can have for the price of postage.

Yes on there from having a Saab 9-5 aero a few years ago great forum.

Barmmatt thanks!!! I'll pm you!

I'm after so far

An air box

A rear silencer

A climate control unit

Possibly a heater fan

A recirculation valve I don't mind paying for stuff.

Dash surround and grills

Multichanger

If you have any of these that would be great

Soooo thought I would have a look at the blowers and see what's what. Was given some advice from UKSaabs and was told to check a resistor under the pollen filter.

Undid wiper arms and scuttle panels to find a manky pollen filter stamped 2006!!

Pulled on the block with the resistor attached and got sparks the blower span into life. Pushed it back into position and it stopped. It was getting very dark so chucked it back together and will investigate further. I'm presuming it's the resistor so will look into how to test this.

post-20204-0-95994300-1459625484_thumb.jpeg

post-20204-0-03168100-1459625510_thumb.jpeg

post-20204-0-06743500-1459625528_thumb.jpeg

Looked at the roof today and it looks save able but so much may have been fucked with I think I might not be able to sort it.

2598B6EF-9766-4078-B7CF-9A7534F3C25A_zps

Something missing here?

Removed resistor for heater blower so ordered replacement which will hopefully fix it!!

Guest bangerfan101

One of these in fetching bright yellow sat in upullit in Stamford Bridge. Its been well picked over but worth a look if your fixing bits on the cheap

Why do you need a climate control unit? If it's because missing pixels, I've got a repair kit here if you're good at soldering.

Just did mine on the 9-5. First kit was crap, even with the special T Bar thing, second one I got came complete with the screen and just stuck on with pressure. Works perfectly now.

You probably already know, but just in case. Drop the sump when doing an oil change and clean out as can suffer with oil sludging.

Also, check steering rack to bulkhead mount. Bulkheads can crack very badly. There's a kit you can buy to strengthen the rack mounting.

P.s, nice car. But as a Saab fan/owner/nut, I'm slightly bias :-)

At least on the classic 900 cab you could work the roof manually fairly easily.

The NG with the fully electric roof was a no go. The later 9-3 you can sort of work it manually (with complications) It won't latch correctly.

I've got a 900ng floppy top and you can sort of work the roof manually if you have to, it just involves disconnecting the tonneau locking mechanism and locking it manually through the flaps behind the rear seat.

It's a ball ache but it is possible.

Soooooo air box is on after unrolling 100 rolls of duct/electricians tape from the Barry air filter. Needs a new jubilee clip as the old one was fubared. Already runs a billion times better at Tick over.

Fitted new resistor under the pollen filter. Slipped myself in to the car. Fired her up. Pressed some buttons.......could hear some movement of flaps and what not..........................no blowers though! Urgh any ideas? I know that the motor works as when I originally took the old resistor out I crossed some wires and it fired up and ran until I uncrossed them? Climate control unit appears to work as I can hear it moving the directional flaps around. Frustrating as I thought resistor would fix it easy.

Unbolted one side of the exhaust clamp. The other is rounded off. Noice. Need to get it jacked up to get some access to get the exhaust off.

Recirculation valve I need the pipe from the valve that goes back to the air box so that will have to wait!

Progress is progress though and Mrs Robson3022 has had an insurance quote from Footman James for £230. On a 200bhp turbo convertable I don't think that's half bad!!!!

• 2 months later...