Chumley 2016...

Cavcraft

Ok, the old Cholmondeley Castle show being moved from Malpas to Capesthorne (Macclesfield) on the 30th May has happened again. This year we have a few options:

30 May: Capesthorne (not as good as Malpas imho)

19th June: Father's Day Wirral Classics (a new one this, I think), Thornton Hough, Wirral, Merseyside CH63 1JB, (I'm probably on holiday when this is on)

24th July:  Capesthorne again.

31st July: '7th Classics at the Castle, including North West Vauxhall-Opel Day' Bodelwyddan Castle Bodelwyddan, Rhyl, Denbighshire LL18 5YAsics

28th August: Capesthorne again

04 September: Cholmondeley Castle.

Happy to organise any of those, whichever is favourite I suppose. Cholmondeley is ace and I can almost certainly arrange camping again for those that want it, would suggest The Shady Oak pub probably the nicest place. If we can get 'the' Sierra there I think we should make this a special year and possibly arrange our own awards ceremony or something, just for fun.

Any thoughts?

Tbh I'll probably be going to most/all of these as they're in my neck of the woods so I'll join the official AS contingent at whichever is chosen.

Although my vote would be for AS presence at Chumley, that is apparently the tradition!! (not that I made it last year... 😞 )

^^^ The thing you apply for is actually an informal concours, they want cars in top condition for the main show area. I fear the Sierra may fall slightly wide of the mark, condition wise. But you can just turn up and park at the side of the field with interesting cars, last year there was pretty much a second show there so I wouldn't worry too much about being accepted or not.

^^^ The thing you apply for is actually an informal concours, they want cars in top condition for the main show area. I fear the Sierra may fall slightly wide of the mark, condition wise. But you can just turn up and park at the side of the field with interesting cars, last year there was pretty much a second show there so I wouldn't worry too much about being accepted or not.

Could someone chop the picture of the base sierra from that brochure I've seen, shop the plate on and enter that as the car's picture?

Then turn up in Emma...

What about Capesthorne as an opener and Chumley as season "finale"? Chumley always used to be early, so it would be nice to do something at the beginning of the season. With a bit of luck, we can get sited next to the RS owners club. They'd love the Sierra.

Cholmondeley = Shitefest MKII

There. I said it.

Apart from that, is anyone in for the Peasants watch Power Pageant of Power at the same venue?

It's all about some lunatics hooning old Grand Prix chod over that bridge, I hear say.

Sounds like a daft enough idea to be shiteworthy, I think.

Or am I the only one, who thinks a cowpat/Ferrari interface is worth watching?