*SOLD*

rawy

I can only say a trader friend advises advertising on Autotrader and Facebook to avoid mongtards, the worst is Gumtree, followed by ebay!

I find a classified ad on Ebay for a month, with perhaps a "make an offer" button is the best for cheapie vehicles, I guess the fact you have paid for an ad scares the most chancers off, but no guarantee :shock::-D

I have sold three vehicles on eBay and had three sales buggers about by tossers, so 100% record of knob heads. I wouldn't do it again. And from what I have heard and seen, gumtree is even worse. Are there any forums dedicated to this sort of thing you could try?

I have sold three vehicles on eBay and had three sales buggers about by tossers, so 100% record of knob heads. I wouldn't do it again. And from what I have heard and seen, gumtree is even worse. Are there any forums dedicated to this sort of thing you could try?

Did you auction them or classified ad?

Auctions are great if you are a genuine buyer most often, but a potential knob magnet :-(

Did you auction them or classified ad?

Auctions are great if you are a genuine buyer most often, but a potential knob magnet :-(

all auctions, one had a guy pull out with thirty seconds left which dropped the price £300 and made it look like someone was shill bidding for me, another ended up with a bunch of idiots turning up and damaging the car then trying to get money off but the worst was one where I turned down a derisory offer and got death threats as a result! The nutter threatened to fire bomb my house whilst we slept. He had offered £1000 for a car worth £5000 all day long, I had replied that he wasn't even close and then the abuse started. Why? What did he think he was going to get as a reply 'yes please and why not take my house for free while you are at it'. Contacted eBay and he had done it before so was banned but will no,doubt still be on under a different name.

all auctions, one had a guy pull out with thirty seconds left which dropped the price £300 and made it look like someone was shill bidding for me, another ended up with a bunch of idiots turning up and damaging the car then trying to get money off but the worst was one where I turned down a derisory offer and got death threats as a result! The nutter threatened to fire bomb my house whilst we slept. He had offered £1000 for a car worth £5000 all day long, I had replied that he wasn't even close and then the abuse started. Why? What did he think he was going to get as a reply 'yes please and why not take my house for free while you are at it'. Contacted eBay and he had done it before so was banned but will no,doubt still be on under a different name.

I think auctions attract the loons who think the starting price is what you actually will take for it!

Also I think some buyers will bid on a half dozen vehicles they fancy, and maybe wind up winning two or three auctions, choose the one they want most, then go silent on the other auctions they have won - not hard to do it would seem, hence why I don't do auctions anymore, unless it's me sniping at the last minute :-P