The Autoshite holy grail is now one of us!

trigger

Question:  Hypothetically, if we bought a NOS rear quarter panel that's currently on eBay (this being the only really rusty bit), are there any Manchester-based shiters who could collect it next week and store it for a bit?  Just checking out options at this point...

If you want brochure scans, here's October 1982:

attachicon.gifFord Cars Oct 82 042-043 Sierra Base.jpg

<snip>

Then in July 1983 Ford got all decadent and gave the base model a body colour grille:

attachicon.gifFord Cars July 1983 060-061 Sierra Base.jpg

Did Ford really do away with the plastic head restraints for a while in 1983? What a retrograde step!

Best wishes to Emma.

Question: Hypothetically, if we bought a NOS rear quarter panel that's currently on eBay (this being the only really rusty bit), are there any Manchester-based shiters who could collect it next week and store it for a bit? Just checking out options at this point...

I can do this if nobody closer speaks up before then.

This is all brilliant. This has made Autoshite for me, I was properly getting wound up with all the sniping recently. This is wonderful. I hope there's some loan scheme set up, or I can donate a shitload of cash in return to sitting in it for half an hour or something, admiring the blanking plates.

Apart from wanting to put a name on the numberplates. Dealer plates are a million times more win. I have a special type of sweary language I reserve for when I see people that have had plates made with a name on.

another base for sale, 1982, 1.3 in Netherlands. No idea on how recent advert is....

http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/autos/None/page/1982/ford-sierra-1300-custom-1982-uniek-zeldzaam-155020323.html

Hypothetically - how good is your Dutch, Skizzer?

Asking for a friend...

Hi Guys

Just caught up on the thread - congratulations on saving such a rare car - this is what auto-shite is about!!.

Back in the 80's I had the exact same model, in the same colour with a grey grille and the dangly mirrors (EWU67Y)

Will make a pay-pal donation

Just picked up on this thread - what a brilliant story.

Back in around 1986, having called into my local Ford dealer I ended up purchasing a 1.6 Sierra Y reg base model in red with a grey grille - reg no EWU67Y. This was exactly the same as the model in this thread and I had to do a double take when I first saw the pictures!

My part exchange was a 1978 Renault 12L and I eventually sold the Sierra to buy a B reg MG Maestro.

Will make a pay-pal payment

I found this thread on Flickr, with a great 2011 era photo of the car and owner: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61090099@N04/6312462954

That's my photo, I was lucky enough to speak to the owner because he turned up just as I was taking photos. This car was first found by one of my Flickr contacts, Sim's pics.

Question:  Hypothetically, if we bought a NOS rear quarter panel that's currently on eBay (this being the only really rusty bit), are there any Manchester-based shiters who could collect it next week and store it for a bit?  Just checking out options at this point...

I'm available as another option for that.  If, say, someone was able to collect but not store, I could team up; or I could even collect.  We'll work it out between us, I'm quite sure.  Where there's Autoshite, there's a way.

Guest VolvoCity

I cant believe that u want to hold on to my empty packet of cigarettes lol haha its hilarious but yet again iconic as there is a big sticker saying no smoking! I must have been the first one to break the rule and leave my prints behind! Big up for u guys! I hope my discount counts as a contribution :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk