Ruffgeezer's Proton Jumbuck; Mmm.... Yellow. For Sale; Pg3

ruffgeezer

En-Route home, I encountered a rather bedraggled Tipo owner, having some functional difficultys with his wipers, luckily I had brought a toolbox along for the ride and he soon had the arms tightened up, I hope the spanner made it through airport security!

post-2711-0-82704400-1459097662_thumb.jpg

Live update. Spotted moments ago in Hook, Hampshire.  All going well and next stop Newbury.  Nice to meet you.  A yellow Jumbuck is a ton of fun:

attachicon.gifDSC_0412.JPG

Yes, it was just as Alan was out of view that I had the Jumbuck's first FTP, unfortunately, having had to run the lights, wipers and heater on my way to Hook, the already soggy battery dipped to just clicking the starter motor.

Very luckily though, Mr. Tesco's carpark in Hook is on a slight decline, so I pushed the Jumbuck out of it's space and managed to bumpstart it down the car park. Adding fuel was the next challenge but as I was fortunate enough to get two keys with the truck, I simply left it running and locked it with the spare key (after wrestling the fuel flap open!) I brimmed the tank so as have to not switch the engine off again until I got home.

After a quick visit to Nyphur Towers, (with a much welcomed use of the facilities whilst the truck idled under Nyphur's watchful eyes), I beat a hasty retreat northwards, and managed to snap one bit of chod whilst hooking the satnav up to it's charger. (Garmin, on offer in Currys £79.99 highly recommend)

post-2711-0-93793600-1459098631_thumb.jpg

Lastly; home, keep watching for the clean up & unpacking pics!

post-2711-0-28102800-1459098822_thumb.jpg

In summary to this tale, a  massive massive thanks to Chris/@skattrd for providing the means of transport down, even if I did have to drive a stint in the Tip-O whilst being subjected to passive bleepy bloop music ;)

Thanks also to @Alan_Green for taking the time to show me around his Expert van, another trip south may well soon be on the cards!

and not forgetting Carl (I apologise if I remembered that wrong!)/@Nyphur who must have been cursing me since picking up the tool box, as it is rather bigger than I expected. Many thanks again!