Dreadful Dyane - £1100

dollywobbler

I probably should do a proper thread for this. Here follows a thoroughly underwhelming advert.

1980 Citroen Dyane 6 for sale. MOT August, taxed to get yer 'ome guv'nor. Very solid, bar the lower windscreen panel area, which needs a £150 (from the club) panel welding in. I have a brand new windscreen AND seal (which cost more than the windscreen!) to go with the car. The wiper performance is poor, which I suspect is related to this panel being shagged. The bonnet is also held on with rubber hooks at its rearmost edge due to related rottery.

Engine has just had barrels and pistons, though I reckon it needs a little more fettling. A bigger primary carb jet may help, as they were always a bit marginal from new, and worse on modern fuels. Just feels a bit flat - which you notice when there's only 33bhp to start with. 

Gearbox is fine, though the brake discs attached to it are a bit thin. Not expensive nor difficult to replace, just haven't got around to it. 

Hood has some minor tears, that have been taped up. Front seats are a bit saggy - new rubbers should sort that out. Rear seats is in poor condition (currently has the 2CV seat there. I need that back). I also need the windscreen washer back, so you'll have to sort that out. An electric pump may be wise as the floor-mounted original is shagged. I can provide a squeezy bottle for the journey home (just gets better doesn't it?).

BUT, it's great fun to drive, gets more attention than your nan rapping Eminem lyrics through a megaphone and 2CV meets are good fun too. £1100 but would no doubt do a deal for something shite. Especially if Japanese. I really do need cash for the 2CV fund though! And may have just filled my spare parking space with a caravan. Er...

WORST SALESMAN EVAH. But have some pics anyway.

1915671_10154032033123200_44626539676706

TAPE CURES ALL

1934484_10154032033263200_49709947500378

1184778_10154032033348200_69512520131078

Patina (inner rear arch)

10250193_10154032033558200_3091021597888

• 3 weeks later...

I have the mechanical skills of an otter, which rather precludes me from the usual business of welding, sorting out rust, that sort of stuff. All of that means I'll not be buying it, though I confess I'd absolutely love to - I drove one of these a lot about three decades ago and even at the time thought they were utterly odd, but rather fun. Surprisingly quick, as in "it doesn't feel like it's got THAT little power", and they're fine once you're rolling. Heresy, I know, but much better than a 2CV, at least in my view.

Good luck with the sale.

Not heresy. They are far, far better than a 2CV in many ways. I would gladly keep this car if the 2CV wasn't making a return to the road. I have rather more history with the 2CV though, and there's room for only one.

Anyway, I've actually stumped up for an Ebay classified ad now. Didn't realise you could configure the options lists quite so much...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272209980888