Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Mondeo Kollecktid

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Liggle

Liggle

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

I sold my 2.0 Ghia MK3 to a friend back in Feb, completely changed my opinion of Fords (for the better) was a nice car to drive. Said friend has already moved it on and I drove him to collect his new car in it, was still nice jumping in it after my daily modern BMW. 

#62 OFFLINE   Felly Magic

Felly Magic

• Full Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • LocationGippeswick, which is near the fine place called Bungay!

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Well a thread update, this has now done almost 20k since last March, and barring needing a new coolant header tank virtually straight away, it's had it's first major bill, a rear wheel bearing decided to give up the ghost big style, so a new rear hub was needed, plus the front tyres were near the limit, and the PAS fluid needed topping up. It does use a bit of oil, which is common on the 1.8, MOT due in 10 days, it's not done too bad really for a £500 motor, everything barring the fag lighter still works, seems to be averaging mid 30s mpg as well on the Mrs' commute

• Bren, Lacquer Peel and tapir like this
Yer can't beat a bit o' Autoshite

Felly :P

#63 OFFLINE   Isaac Hunt

Isaac Hunt

• Full Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

That's proper 'Bangernomics' motoring is that.  Tyres you can count out of the cost, cos in the swings and roundabouts, doesn't matter if it is new shite or old shite, it will most likeley cost a cover or two on the way.

#64 OFFLINE   Felly Magic

Felly Magic

• Full Members
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

Yup it's working hard on the daily commute, and hasn't had any FTP's since the coolant leak not after we got it, over all it has cost less than 3 months finance on a shiny motor, and now it's back to driving like a good un, I laugh that it has more toys than the FiL's facelift mk3 that is 05 plate, he's had to have a rear wheel bearing on his recently, his has similar miles to ours. It's getting a clean up before MOT, as sadly the Mrs treats it like a skip. 

#65 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

The wheel bearings a common fault, pattern bearings are only £30 or so. Easy enough job as well.

As you say the 1.8 does like a drink of oil, it's usually the oil control rings, it's not something that's worth worrying about, just keep topping it up until it starts becoming a problem on the MOT for the emissions.

They're a decent car those Mondeos, proper bangernomics!!

#66 OFFLINE   Felly Magic

Felly Magic

• Full Members
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

Sadly due to health, I have to resort to having work done by a garage, swmbo didn't tell me she'd booked it in with Hadleigh Tyres in the town, who I think did bum rape her a bit for 2 tyres, PAS top up and a rear hub, because they aren't the cheapest garage around. If I manage to get my licence back though it will have to be replaced with an auto, shame, as it is a really nice car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users