Have you noticed....

gtd2000

The price of Left Hand Drive cars these days?One upon a time they were worthless but these days it seems to be that they command prices as high as 2 or 3 times the going UK rate... :? The reason I've stumbled across this that I'm trying to get one of my co-workers in the German office to source a car in the UK due to the ridiculous pricing in Euroland...and failing miserably unless he went for a RHD :roll:

I had an Acura Legend last year which attracted fabulous interest and is now cruising the boulevards of Lagos! I think there's less interest now as a lot of Africans are leaving with the credit crunch but Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Gambia and Ghana changed the rule of the road to right side driving some time ago but still have strong ties to Britain through history and trade hence the demand, mainly for Japanese, German, French cars and Land Rovers.

Could it be RHD are not longer accepted for export in some African countries?

Yeah but we don't have used RHD car prices based on African export rates :wink: LHD's are way more expensive these days - I'm really only relating this to Eurozone pricing - although RHD in ROI is still expensive too - by comparision to UK rates.