Volvo V70. £350. Sold.

Tetleysmooth

So, I finally got myself a turbo brick.

Not done any pics yet, but they will follow sometime soon, it's in Silver, which doesn't float many boats on here anyway.

Over the last few weeks, I've been gradually replacing bits and pieces that needed sorting. So far I've serviced / replaced:

Front discs and pads.

Rear pads - discs fine.

Cleaned out idle control valve and throttle body.

N/S wishbone replaced.

Thermostat replaced.

Changed the indicator stalk, but I still have the problem where the o/s indicator won't cancel, no biggie but annoying.

Oil and filter change including 1 litre of Lucas oil stabiliser I always include that, I swear by it.

It used to give a little rattle for a split second on a cold start up, but the fresh oil and Lucas has put a stop to that.

I still have a bit of a shopping list for it, but it's cosmetic and can wait until after my holiday in a couple of weeks' time.

What I still need is:

A passenger door mirror - electric, heated.

A drivers' side headlamp wiper with intact water spray nozzle - would prefer a complete unit actually to save faffing about.

A black leather electric drivers' seat - some chance lol. My one has a small hole in the bolster.

Also considering replacing the cd/radio, as about half the night illumination doesn't work. New bulbs can be fitted, but I have neither the patience or nimble fingers to do this.

If anyone has any of the above parts going spare, please feel free to drop me a pm.

When the holiday is done, I'm also going to fit a new dizzy cap and arm, but the car starts and runs really well, so that can wait a few more weeks.

Oh, I've also got to take a peek at the nearside parking brake. I noticed when I was fitting the pads that the wheel rotated freely with the hand brake on. Hopefully just a seized expander. Hopefully, and not the cable.

Very pleased with DWL's replacement. I was quite nervous about selling my old one, but this 'new' one is shaping up well. It's certainly quicker.

I did polish the beast, and it came up lovely, but now the weather's changed it's got a bit grubby again, so pictures once it's been sparkled up again.