My First Mazda

KruJoe

Also my first proper convertible, and I think the first front engined rwd car I've owned.

So today, John_F and Zippy (GDHaydock) set out from Shipley for a nice* Sunday drive around The Dales, and called in at Castle_Cleland on the pretense of borrowing my OBD2 reader for the MX-5. Instead of that, they sold us it, the buggers.

(*spoilt only by dithering idiots in Picassos)

P1160596_zpscv9n4bl8.jpg

As you may have seen, a year ago when John bought this for Ms_F, my Mrs was instantly envious (of the colour mainly), and so she's always been first on the list for it.

Also, we've both said we liked the look of Mazdas too, particularly 90's 323's and 626's, RX8's and MX5's. No time like the present, eh?

P1160598_zpsepr4uiki.jpg

As previously, no pez-stop shot, so the cabbage_juice pump will have to do.

P1160601_zpswnwfjfzs.jpg

Whist Zippy brimmed his Disco on the good stuff.

P1160602_zpscfwvpg9p.jpg

So now it's secreted in a quiet spot while we sort out insurance and make space in the fleet for it.

P1160603_zpspqjjfbsc.jpg

Struggling to count up here, but I must be into double figures now. It's getting daft.

Thanks for the embarrassing kitchen pics! That last one was an attempt at a Woolard over MEKANIK KITTEH.

P1160566_zpseaud0tak.jpg

Flossy was having a sleepy afternoon off, instead of helping with the checking out the motor, she gave us a rather passive double-high-five.

oops sorry about the pics, but i'm not good enough with photoshop to change the backdrop to something more suitable (like the hanging gardens of Babylon)

Ah, shame about the failed picture of the double cat woollard. That would have been an AS first, I suspect.

All in all, a good day all round. Despite the dithering bobble hats turning the excellent road up Malhamdale into a bimbling traffic jam, and Joe doing his best to give me a heart attack on the test drive rally stage :-D

It's good to see the MX is going to a good home, it just wasn't getting any use since Miss F developed a taste for Discoveries.

Aaaargh! Even that one has the droopy back door tops that always annoyed me on 240 estates!

The ZX had them too:

P1160515_zpsx3ie7g1i.jpg

But not as bad as a BX estate.

Anyhow, no, I already have two Volvos too many. Also, I'd have to reverse it south if I did go up there for one, they all point North when in the Scottish Border area.

What an excellent addition to the fleet! Nice colour as well. I like mine no end even though it hasn't moved in a week or two.

I also had an NA and an NC and the one I didn't want was the middle one (MK2 NB) and that's the one I now have. I really like it: not as solid and 'mature' feeling as the MK3 but a bit more refined than the MK1.

Gratuitous pic....

136_zps3fno9lzv.jpg

And yes, those lights have GOT to go! Who was it that wanted a spare back light? Do you want a pair of Lexus lights... cheap :) ?

I'd like a go in an NB at some point. I never used to like the styling much but they're improving with age in my eyes. I bought my NA within a week of having a drive in a mates one. I was smitten immediately. They are a brilliant steer but utterly impractical. Mine doesn't get used a lot but it's worth bugger all and costs me little so it stays for the odd nice day when I feel like a quick razz round the lanes. Going out in snow or at night with the roof down is pretty nice too although traction is a major issue on slippy roads. I've got stuck a couple of times in mine! 

• 1 month later...